Content starts here
CLOSE ×

Search

Windows 10 Update Tried to Screw Me Again!

Trusted Social Butterfly

Windows 10 Update Tried to Screw Me Again!

I just finished reverting to my previous build because Windows Media Center won't run after today's new build.  The obnoxious update took about 40 minutes to complete and restarted my computer 4 or 5 times. And, the countdown screen did not appear on my HDMI connected TV, only the computer monitor. Last time this happened, you didn't believe me when I said that my desktop wallpaper changed, so this time I took a screenshot before reverting.

NewDesktop.png

If you get this wallpaper, I suggest that you revert before you encounter an App that won't run.

Tomorrow, I am going to turn the updates off.

0 Kudos
Honored Social Butterfly

@aruzinsky 

Just how custom is your build?

About all I recall is AMD and perhaps overclocked?

What motherboard? CPU/speed? Video card?Ram? HDD /SSD ? Manufacturer of each and every piece in system and model # should be on your build sheet ( if done by hobbyist or system builder).Did your copy of Win10 Pro come from builder or was it a $59 internet special later, upgraded from something else.Or a "free M$ upgrade from Home".

A little more information might help with your situation.

Don't think it's a question of disbelief, I just don't use Ryzen or AMD's, haven't overclocked in awhile or felt need to.

What I use my I9 with are an entirely different purpose than what you do, with your computer.

And just for giggles what groups workaround for making Win10 Pro work with Windows Media Center are you using, seeing that support was pulled for WMC after Win8.x.

And have you read that groups read me text, probably in their software files.🤣 When all else fails RTM🤣

Froze

And yes, after long days/nights, I'd still like to swing these hunks of glass , plastic and silicon against the nearest wall Come on retirement!
0 Kudos
Trusted Social Butterfly

@Frozenoem wrote:

@aruzinsky 

Just how custom is your build?

About all I recall is AMD and perhaps overclocked?

What motherboard? CPU/speed? Video card?Ram? HDD /SSD ? Manufacturer of each and every piece in system and model # should be on your build sheet ( if done by hobbyist or system builder).Did your copy of Win10 Pro come from builder or was it a $59 internet special later, upgraded from something else.Or a "free M$ upgrade from Home".

Don't think it's a question of disbelief, I just don't use Ryzen or AMD's, haven't overclocked in awhile or felt need to.

What I use my I9 with are an entirely different purpose than what you do, with your computer.

And just for giggles what groups workaround for making Win10 Pro work with Windows Media Center are you using, seeing that support was pulled for WMC after Win8.x.

And have you read that groups read me text, probably in their software files.🤣 When all else fails RTM🤣

Froze

Most of your questions were answered elsewhere in this forum and the rest is irrelevant.

I have made changes to the registry to prevent updates.

0 Kudos
Honored Social Butterfly

@aruzinsky 

If your speaking of your "gay computer" not enough information given.

There were reasons for my requests, don't want to answer fine dga*.

Even engineers have been known to screw a build, use mismatched parts and pieces.

Or use crap motherboards, to save a buck.

Have fun in your future endeavors.

Froze

And yes, after long days/nights, I'd still like to swing these hunks of glass , plastic and silicon against the nearest wall Come on retirement!
0 Kudos
Trusted Social Butterfly

@Frozenoem wrote:

@aruzinsky 

If your speaking of your "gay computer" not enough information given.

There were reasons for my requests, don't want to answer fine dga*.

Even engineers have been known to screw a build, use mismatched parts and pieces.

Or use crap motherboards, to save a buck. (ditto you)

Have fun in your future endeavors (ditto you).

Froze

1. Almost all the informormation you requested is at

https://community.aarp.org/t5/Computer-Questions-Tips/How-to-Build-a-Gay-Computer/td-p/2102599/page/...

https://community.aarp.org/t5/Computer-Questions-Tips/Windows-Media-Center-for-Windows-10/m-p/221880...

@Frozenoem wrote:

Just how custom is your build? (answered)

About all I recall is AMD and perhaps overclocked?(4 GHz)

What motherboard?(answered) CPU/speed?(answered) Video card?(answered)Ram?(answered) HDD /SSD ?(answered) Manufacturer of each and every piece in system and model # should be on your build sheet ( if done by hobbyist or system builder).Did your copy of Win10 Pro come from builder or was it a $59 internet special later, upgraded from something else.Or a "free M$ upgrade from Home".(answered)

And just for giggles what groups workaround for making Win10 Pro work with Windows Media Center are you using, seeing that support was pulled for WMC after Win8.x.(answered)

And have you read that groups read me text, probably in their software files.🤣 When all else fails RTM🤣 (unintelligible, speak English)

Froze

2. Your suggestion that my change in wallpaper was caused by hardware is absolutely ridiculous.

0 Kudos
Trusted Social Butterfly
Social Butterfly

Which version of Windows 10 were you trying to update to? I updated both of my Laptops, one with Windows 10 Home and the other with Windows 10 pro, and my Desktop with Windows 10 Home. I haven't had any problems. This is my current version of Windows 10 on my Desktop and a list of all updates.

AARPUpdateWindows10220.jpg

AARPUpdateWindows10220B.jpg

Which version of Windows did you restore?

Kudos
Views
0 Kudos
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Users
Need to Know

NEW: AARP Games Tournament Tuesdays! This week, achieve a top score in Atari Centipede® and you could win $100! Learn More.

AARP Games Tournament Tuesdays

More From AARP