You could save on auto insurance when you complete the AARP Smart Driver course! Get a free phone charging set with promo code AARP6.

Super Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Re: Windows 10 Stop pop-ups

Message 1 of 2
Great job, YoungatHeart7! Also, anyone can right-click near the clock in the lower right, then click "Customize notification icon" and change "GWX" (get Windows 10) to hide icons and notifications.
Phil Harris, actor and showman, to John Fogerty of CCR: “If I’d known I’d live this long, I’d have taken better care of myself.”
Report Inappropriate Content
Kudos
Views
Highlighted
Gold Conversationalist
Kudos
Views
Replies

Windows 10 Stop pop-ups

Message 2 of 2

I copied this from Windows Community when ask how do I stop Windows 10 pop-ups.  It was very easy to do. 

Answer

Andre Da Costa replied on June 12, 2015

Accomplishments

• To cancel reservation follow the below steps: •Click/tap on the Get Windows 10 app icon on the taskbar notification area. •Click/tap on the "hamburger" style menu button at the top left corner in the Get Windows 10 app. •Click/tap on View confirmation under Getting the upgrade. •Click/tap on the Cancel reservation link. •Click/tap on Cancel reservation to confirm. •Click/tap on Close.Can I uninstall the Reservation completely from my computer?Type: view installed updatesLook through the list for the KB3035583 and KB2976978 update. 
  • Right click each update and click Uninstall.
  • Hit Enter on your keyboard
  • Click Start (or press Windows key + S for Windows 8.1 users)
  • This will cancel the reservation, now go ahead and reserve it with the new email.

UP-DATE

I ask for call back from Microsoft.  I had read that Windows 10 will still download.   Microsoft called me and stopped Windows 10 from downloading on my computer at no charge.  I was told that customer are call to remove Windows 10.  I just stopped it. I was told there will be no issue if I stay with Windows 8.1   Here is the number just incase you need it 800-642-7676.  If you are unsure about calling, you can call 800 information and have them comfirm it is Microsoft's number.

I hope I helped.  Woman Wink

Report Inappropriate Content
Tags (2)
Kudos
Views
Replies