When it comes to your workout, there are good reasons not to go it alone. Check out the benefits of exercise buddies.

Trusted Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Re: What technology gift do you want or did you receive this year?

Message 1 of 11

I need to add a few more items that I have received or bought since my first post.

My daughter gave me a Fitbit flex for Christmas. I am enjoying it.

I bought me a new camera for my desktop computer. It is a Logitech c920 HD Pro Webcam. It is much better than my old Logitech camera was.

Since I have Type Two Diabetes I bought my own Accu-Chek Aviva Connect Meter. It has Bluetooth plus USB cord. The one given to me,  covered by my insurance, does not have that. Now I have been able to sync it with my cell phone and send my test results to it. A record of all my test are kept online.

Posted by,
cat0w
Texas (USA)

GodBlessUSA

Report Inappropriate Content
Kudos
Views
Info Seeker
Kudos
Views

Message 2 of 11

A fitbit charge hr! This activity wristband is fantastic! 

Kudos
Views
Info Seeker
Kudos
Views

Message 3 of 11

I'll tell you what i GAVE this year....

Ever hear of the THINGCharger? (www.thingcharger.com) it's a device you plug into the dual electrical outlet. it has several tips you plug into the top of the device to charge your phone, tablet, etc... and it has the two outlets in the front so you don't lose them, AND it has two USB A ports on the bottom so you can use them to charge more devices....

A USB micro tip comes with it, and you can purchase a lightning tip or a 30 pin tip for the Apple users in your family.

Because the outlets are available, you can STACK the THINGChargers together to allow more devices to be charged....

Check it out!

Kudos
Views
Info Seeker
Kudos
Views

Message 4 of 11

Weather monitor that also monitors the set temp. of the refrigerator and freezer compartments while we are on vacation. We received this because our small stand alone freezer stopped working and we lost all the veges from our garden which was about 50 lbs.

Kudos
Views
Recognized Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 5 of 11

I got a new printer that only prints black and white.  I will save a fortune on ink that I have been getting ripped off on for years, the crooks.

Kudos
Views
Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 6 of 11

We got the Roku 3 streaming device for tv. It was not difficult to set up and use, and we found a lot of free entertainment, as well as some low cost subscription options and movie rental services. Plus, we already had an Amazon Prime account, so now we can take advantage of everything included with that service. At some point, we may be able to ditch overpriced cable.

Kudos
Views
Highlighted
Conversationalist
Kudos
Views

Message 7 of 11

I was waffling about Apple Watch.  Is it worth the hefty price tag?  Well, we happened to be in Best Buy the Sunday before Christmas and I strolled over to the Apple section, just to check it out for myself.  Turns out they were having a HUGE sale on Apple Watch ($100 off), which ended that day.  My husband talked me into letting him buy me one for Christmas, and I'm glad I did.  I love it!  Not only can I answer my iPhone without having to fish around in my purse for it (I just talk to my wrist!), but it reminds me to stand up every hour (which I can "mute" if I don't want the little tap on my wrist) and keeps track of how much I've walked all day.  I can text right from my wrist, too, by speaking into the Watch.  I truly love this new technology.  I guess you CAN teach old dogs new tricks!

Tags (1)
Kudos
Views
Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 8 of 11

Received a Cyber PC Pro.

Kudos
Views
Trusted Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 9 of 11

WOW!! More than one so far. I bought both my daughter and myself new Dell Laptops a while back. They are Dell 5000 Series and I have updated mine to Windows 10. It is much better, faster and overall nicer than the old laptop I had. I bought these because they could be updated to Windows 10, both have Intel i7 processors, 16 GB's of RAM, one TB hard drives, backlit keyboards and 802.11ac wifi.

Second on Wednesday while in Austin and visiting Frys I bought me a new wifi adapter for my destop computer. It is a ASUS PCE-AC68 802.11ac Wireless AC1900. See image below. My speed on my desktop is much faster now which is great on my home network. I bought this to replace my older adapter in my desktop which was 802.11n.

ASUSwifispeed.JPG

Last, so far, today I upgraded my internet to Ultimate 50 with TWC. New speeds are shown below. This will definitely help when my daughter comes up for Christmas and we are both streaming movies, other videos, watching TV and using other devices.

RRSpeedTest12182015.JPG

I did this too, to make sure all the devices in my house have the bandwidth they need.

Posted by,
cat0w
Texas (USA)

Kudos
Views
Trusted Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 10 of 11

After talking about it for a couple of years, finally got a Samsung Tablet. I have been traveling to Canada and overseas, for a number of years, without any electronic device whatsoever. Need something for basic communications and travel info. With free Wi-fi everywhere, it can be easily used.

"...Why is everyone a victim? Take personal responsibility for your life..."
Kudos
Views