Content starts here
CLOSE ×

Search

๐Ÿ“ฑ๐Ÿ–ฅ What Do U Like/Dislike About YOUR Cell/WiFi PROVIDER? What DEVICE(s) Are U Using?

Anonymous
Not applicable

๐Ÿ“ฑ๐Ÿ–ฅ What Do U Like/Dislike About YOUR Cell/WiFi PROVIDER? What DEVICE(s) Are U Using?

โ–ถ๏ธTo reply, click on reply button at bottom of this post. Enter your text. Click reply button again.โ—€๏ธ

*READ comment, ADD a comment*

(1) Getting very COMPETITIVE out there = PROMISES from THEM to us (affordable plans). ๐Ÿ™„

(2) WE would luv to hear from U! ๐Ÿ™ƒ

Nicole ๐Ÿ“ฑ๐Ÿ–ฅ (Technology Forum)

Honored Social Butterfly

I used to work for BellLabs before the breakup so, the toys were free. If I stayed with them. Now itโ€™s just need to know IF my old company clients want specific stuff. 

Prefer to be an employee itโ€™s easier and have no desire to buy 50+ count laptops or cellphones ever again. Or Gaia forbid custom build a laptop or desktop.๐Ÿคฃ

Froze

And yes, after long days/nights, I'd still like to swing these hunks of glass , plastic and silicon against the nearest wall Come on retirement!
Social Butterfly

For my cell phone I use Straight Talk that I got through Wal-Mart several years ago. I have unlimited talk, text, and data. It works fine for me. I'm not sure what their starting cost is per month now. My phone is a Samsung Galaxy S20 5G. The phone works well in my Ford Explorer with sync my ride.

I have Spectrum for my cable TV and Internet service. I have their gigabit service. I own my own Modem and Router. My computers are all Dell. I have my desktop and two laptops. I have a Samsung tablet too, but it's not used a lot. I have no major complaints about the service. Over the years when I have a problem they come out and take care of it.

Anonymous
Not applicable

1 comment (5/1/23)

That is awesome @cat0w , I seem to remember Straight Talk - but have NOT heard about it lately.

I use to do the Tracfone "prepaid" cards before my daughter convinced me to go on her account.

Thanks, Nicole ๐Ÿ™ƒ

Social Butterfly

@Anonymous 

After I made my post here, I found an email from Verizon. They have taken over Straight Talk and Tracfone. I knew Verizon is my carrier but didn't know they had made the take over. Verizon was offering a free phone if I switch to a different plan they have. I am sticking with what I already have.

Bronze Conversationalist

I pay about $88 a year for my service, about 1500 minutes (rarely come even close to using them), voice only no txt or data.  Some pay more than $88 a month.  The minutes roll as long as you keep buying the renewal minutes.   

This is likely going to end this year, as they are being absorbed by one of the big 3, I'll have to decide if I really want a mobile device.   

Anonymous
Not applicable

2 comments (5/1/23)

Hi @Tempest332 , I always go OVER my data (NEVER charged EXTRA) for the month as I watch alot of FREE Tubi and YouTube. No TV for years, waste for me as there is 90% on there of "zero" interest to me.

Well, I thought AT&T and T-Mobile had MERGED I think "last" year. But I am seeing discussions "online" like they are still SEPARATE. Lol, I am confused! ๐Ÿคฃ๐Ÿ˜‚

Anyway, things have NOT "slowed" down in spite of getting my MONTHLY 2 texts from T-Mobile. 1st one, I am NEAR to my limit. 2nd one, I have reached my limit. But NOTHING changes on my end. Lol, won't complain = GRATEFUL I get to watch my movies and listen to audiobooks ALL month long "in spite" of being OUT OF data...๐Ÿค”

Nicole ๐Ÿ™ƒ (edited @Tempest332 )

Conversationalist

For some of the data packages, there is a monthly cap on the higher data speed. After reaching the cap, the speed might slow to an unbearable speed. Looks like your provider did not exercise the speed restriction so you can do all the streaming without noticing slow down.

Bronze Conversationalist

I still have a flip phone & will never get a monolithic one, just needed to make (or receive... yet no one has a reason to call me unless they are a telemarketer) voice calls.   The latest flip phone is considered "smart", yet now I cant see who is calling, if I block a # I have to call it, the navigation is horrible, yet I work with Software & have an EE degree. 

Gotta love Tubi, though I just never get why anyone would watch TV on one of those tiny screens.๐Ÿค” 

I will probably get absorbed into Verizon, though I never want a contract & a monthly, I hardly use the phone anymore, so not worth it to me, just a vessel where telemarketers can annoy me, & why would I actually pay a lot of $$$ for that?

I was actually getting a text for my renewal (every 4 months), but since they forced me to get a 4G phone those stopped completely, if I miss my renewal I lose my minutes, so a win win for them, I once had a $250+ credit. 

Periodic Contributor

I agree, seems like so many options to choose from.

cancel
Showing results forย 
Showย ย onlyย  | Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 
Users
Need to Know

NEW: AARP Games Tournament Tuesdays! This week, achieve a top score in Block Champ and you could win $100! Learn More.

AARP Games Tournament Tuesdays

More From AARP