If you suspect you're a scam target, AARP's fraud helpline is here for you. Learn more.

Trusted Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Re: Web Site Questions

Message 1 of 5

What steps are you taking to open up the page.

I go to the top of the page and click on my Name>My Account, you may have to sign in again, then the points I have showing, example Rewards for Good Points (8.8K), then the Button for Redeem Points.

Posted by,
cat0w
Texas (USA)

Report Inappropriate Content
Kudos
Views
Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 2 of 5

One quick thing: try a different web browser if you can.

If not, can you post a screen shot of what you're seeing? Hard to tell if it's the web site or the web browser that's putting up that message. If the browser, there may be a setting we can change.

The "Leo" at https://askleo.com
Kudos
Views
Info Seeker
Kudos
Views

Message 3 of 5

Hi,  I've noticed that each time I try to access my points and perhaps, use them, I get a message on a blank white page that reads:

You have tried to resubmit a request over an insecure channel. Please use https to access the page you are requesting

I've tried many, many times (embarassing how many times) and I've also contacted support 4 times with two replies that had nothing to do with my inquiry.

Anybody?

Thanks.

Kudos
Views
Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 4 of 5

I can't speak to the number of cookies AARP uses or how or whether they're appropriate or not, but I can address one comment:

Cookies are HOW most websites keep track that you're logged in. Without cookies you could potentially have to log in each time you went to a new page.

My personal opinion: I don't worry about cookies in the least. I'm just not that interesting to be tracked as an invidual, and the functionality that some provide (like staying logged in) adds value to my experience as I browse the web. But as I said, that's just my (slightly experienced) opinion.

The "Leo" at https://askleo.com
Kudos
Views
Info Seeker
Kudos
Views
Replies

Web Site Questions

Message 5 of 5

Why do you require cookies to be enabled in order to view web site articles linked to by your daily e-mail newsletter?  Why do you require a clent certificate (in a cookie) to validate my identity?  There are an unbelievable number of applications tracking the cookies sent between my computer and your website.  I for one do not feel like giving my information away for some marketing company's benefit, thus I have installed a blocking application on my computer.  In one instance, I have recorded 26 separate such applications active while viewing an article on your website.  In order to see slideshows or make comments I must pause the blocking of cookies.  In some cases I need to unblock and reload the web page just to see the content.  You already have my identity by my login and should not need to validate it with every page load.  

Kudos
Views
Replies