Content starts here
CLOSE ×

Search

VPN’s and logs and explanation

Honored Social Butterfly

VPN’s and logs and explanation

Makes for an easy read on VPN’s and whether you should care about logs they may keep.

https://www.hackread.com/what-if-your-vpn-keeps-logs-why-you-should-care/

Froze

And yes, after long days/nights, I'd still like to swing these hunks of glass , plastic and silicon against the nearest wall Come on retirement!
0 Kudos
Social Butterfly

Interesting article. Thanks.

I used a Norton/Symantec VPN for a couple years but then they discontinued it (now they have a new product). I got this specifically for a lengthy overseas trip where I wanted/needed secure internet access to my financial accounts and email. I recently subscribed to NordVPN and have been more than pleased with it.

Another issue with VPN companies, especially the "free" versions of their software, is that recently it came out that some were utilizing their users' unused internet band width for sale to other people for other purposes. It took me awhile to get my head around that, but very scary stuff.

Not that I am doing anything illegal or untoward in my internet use. I am a big believer in privacy and security and I don't want my email and financial accounts compromised on wifi. I also use full disk encryption...I think that anyone with a laptop should consider this mandatory...imagine the chagrin should one lose their laptop! I used to use TrueCrypt for FDE (and it's still on one older laptop for FDE) and I continue to use it daily for some USB drives (yes, I know that VeraCrypt is now preferred); my Lenovo ThinkPad has a self-encrypting drive (by the way, Windows BitLocker has some major holes in it so I do not use that even though it is on my system).

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Users
Need to Know

NEW: AARP Games Tournament Tuesdays! This week, achieve a top score in Block Champ and you could win $100! Learn More.

AARP Games Tournament Tuesdays

More From AARP