Get the vision care news and information you need in the AARP Eye Center.

Treasured Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Re: USPS Tracking Service

Message 1 of 2

@MaVolta wrote:

The automated tracking will start sending you updates every time a package enters the postal sytem, and will alert you when it goes out for delivery to your home. There are also some additional services available, such as intercepting a package for alternate delivery, or putting a delivery on hold, etc.

Here is the link to get started - https://www.usps.com/manage/welcome.htm

I've been using this for a long time.  In addition to receiving notifications of packages that has a tracking number, I also receive a daily update of any letters, along with a scanned picture of the envelope, that will be delivered that day.

If I don't receive either the mail notification or that the tracked package is out for delivery I know that I won't have to walk out to the mailbox.

Report Inappropriate Content
Kudos
Views
Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views
Replies

USPS Tracking Service

Message 2 of 2

Recently, I discovered that USPS now offers automated package tracking services. Kudos if you already know this, but if you don't, and receive packages through the mail, it might be worth it to set up an account.

Once you set up the account, the PO will verify your delivery address by your email account. You can then go to preferences and check the boxes to receive package notification by email or text message or both.

The automated tracking will start sending you updates every time a package enters the postal sytem, and will alert you when it goes out for delivery to your home. There are also some additional services available, such as intercepting a package for alternate delivery, or putting a delivery on hold, etc.

Here is the link to get started - https://www.usps.com/manage/welcome.htm

Report Inappropriate Content
Kudos
Views
Replies
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Users
Announcements

Open Enrollment: Oct 15-Dec 7, 2019 Find resources to help you decide on the best healthcare insurance plans for you during Open Enrollment season

Top Authors