Content starts here
CLOSE ×

Search

Bronze Conversationalist

Tello phones

Am looking for a low cost phone, since I seldom use one ! Anybody use a Tello, if so, like it ? Any suggestions on phones & plans appreciated !

Thanks !  😊

Sandee2
0 Kudos
Contributor

Hi,

Am considering a switch off of Consumer Cellular for issues documented elsewhere.

Wondering if anyone has had any experience with Ting Mobile; they have an attractive Flex plan and according to their IMEI database check, support my existing phone.

Thanks,

Doug.

0 Kudos
Regular Social Butterfly

We've been Fi wireless for 7 yrs (early invite, early adapter). Monthly bills have fluctuated only due to tx. I would never change.

Example of Fi care: recent cell battery meltdown of 3 yr old phone; replacement received <12 hours up & on...

I'm sure "Tello" is great service, especially for international users (based on what I read on their coverage page), but for me, US based coverage is what I need and I have.

Please let me know of any features Tello might provide I'm not aware of?

Thanks in advance!

#StaySafe

#VegasStrong
Phil Harris, actor and showman, to John Fogerty of CCR: “If I’d known I’d live this long, I’d have taken better care of myself.”
0 Kudos
Gold Conversationalist

@WebWiseWoman 

Google Fi sounds awesome and I wish I could get it ...but I have since moved out of the US so I'm out of the service (Fi does provide great roaming service worldwide but I don't think they like it if you are ~100% outside the US. We use Google Voice voip and can use this on our cells phones via wifi.)

Google Fi provides a package for voice, text, and data at a good price...starting at around $20 a month, plus more for additional data.

Tello provides even more flexibility in that you can have plans with data (even data-only) or very low priced plans without data. For example, today (6-18-2022) the lowest cost Tello plan is $5 a month (plus any taxes) for 100 minutes voice and free texts.

Such a low-cost plan is good for those with limited funds or limited need for a cell phone...maybe it's for emergencies only, no need for web access (I have to say, web access is great when shopping...compare prices, see who has it in stock, find what aisle and bin it is located in the store!).

Note:   You don't need to buy a "Tello" phone. You can use any compatible cell phone hardware.   In fact, you can make calls with Tello using a wifi connection....these are unlimited.

0 Kudos
Gold Conversationalist

We have used Tello for years and it's been great for our minimal needs. We've bought unlocked phones elsewhere.

0 Kudos
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Users
Need to Know

NEW: AARP Games Tournament Tuesdays! This week, achieve a top score in Atari Centipede® and you could win $100! Learn More.

AARP Games Tournament Tuesdays

More From AARP