The AARP Movies for Grownups Awards premieres tonight on many PBS stations. Watch at 9 p.m. ET.

Respected Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Re: Source for replacement digitizer/LCD screen for RealPad tablet?

Message 1 of 5

If you have electronic swap meets try them, to pawn shops and second hand, if really neeeded quick.

Last swap I picked up a couple of iPhones and an iPad for $50. Needed for arts and idea.

If you don't mind used, it's a suggestion. I did see with google search similar size and no minimum quantity but, no mention of inputs.

Froze

Report Inappropriate Content
Kudos
Views
Conversationalist
Kudos
Views

Message 2 of 5

That was the second place I looked. Thus far the only place that shows them is Alibaba.com and they only take orders for five pieces minimum.

Ebay has lots of screens, but not for the RealPad.

Thanks

Kudos
Views
Info Seeker
Kudos
Views

Message 3 of 5

Try Ebay

Kudos
Views
Respected Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 4 of 5

Not promising but, try iFixit forum. If lucky one of them might have found a similar by part number. Or actually repaired a real pad. 

Or pawn or junk store, about the best I can suggest -$70 new, $10 pawn shops. You might find another for cheaper money. Did a search and really find another generic part number for them.7" are everywhere 7.85" seem to be cheaper to buy used unit.

Frozen

Kudos
Views
Highlighted
Conversationalist
Kudos
Views
Replies

Source for replacement digitizer/LCD screen for RealPad tablet?

Message 5 of 5

We purchased a RealPad for my wife's mother. She has cracked the screen and I need to replace it. I'm a retired electrical engineer and have repaired many Kindles, tablets and phones and figured I could replace this screen. I cannot find a source for a MA7BX2 7.85" digitizer. 

Anyone know of any sources? I haven't found any on Ebay, Amazon, etc. I do see them on Alibaba.com, but they have a minimum quantity on their orders, and I only need one.

Suggestions?

Thanks

Dennis, in Sarasota, Florida

Tags (3)
Kudos
Views
Replies