Content starts here
CLOSE ×

Search

Honored Social Butterfly

Screenshots of smartphones?

For saving screenshots of tech or just trying to talk someone through their settings, I’ve been doing for awhile.

For my iPhone 7 it’s been home button and power button. Works with iPhone 8 backwards.

Sometimes it’s just easier to do a screenshot for problems, or showing someone what you see.

Especially if they may be using different tech.

If interested Android and iOS instructions are included in link.

https://www.cnet.com/how-to/how-to-take-screenshots-with-iphone-and-android-phones/

Froze

And yes, after long days/nights, I'd still like to swing these hunks of glass , plastic and silicon against the nearest wall Come on retirement!
0 Kudos
Social Butterfly

I just bought a new Samsung Galaxy S20 and here is how a screen shot can be taken.

AARPCellPhoneScreenShot.jpg

0 Kudos
Regular Contributor

THere is a short cut where you hit the down volume button and the home button at the same time to capture screenshots. At least I'm pretty sure that's what it is for iPhones. It is just muscle memory for me at this point. 

0 Kudos
Conversationalist

Not sure other Android phones can do the same. Since Samsung Galaxy S7, you can do a multiple continuous screen capture. I think it is very useful.

For Windows 10, there is this built in snip tool, you can do rectanuglar, free form, window, full screen snips. For multiple screen capture, you can use a software call Snagit by TechSmith.

0 Kudos
Silver Conversationalist

That Cloud App looks good for recording your screen but an easy way to take just a picture of your screen, in Windows 10 is to hold down the Windows Key then press the PRINT SCREEN key. The screen will flicker and the screenshot will be saved in your Pictures folder in a Subfolder named Screenshots.

It's nice to be important but it's more important to be nice.
0 Kudos
Regular Contributor

The one thing I've found is that when I print screen the image is more spread out so everything looks smaller. I like having the ability to just get a certain portion of the screen and you can set the default window size and location so it's ready to go when you need it. 

0 Kudos
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Users
Need to Know

NEW: AARP Games Tournament Tuesdays! This week, achieve a top score in Block Champ and you could win $100! Learn More.

AARP Games Tournament Tuesdays

More From AARP