Content starts here
CLOSE ×

Search

Community Manager
Community Manager

Science Fiction Technology

What technology from a science fiction movie or book would you most like to have?

I would definitely like to have a transporter, like in Star Trek, or floo powder, like in Harry Potter. Anything that would allow me to teleport from one far away place to another. A bonus thing about these technologies is that they don't require the burning of fossil fuels in order to travel (can't say with certainty that the manufacturing of such objects wouldn't require combusting fossil fuels though)!

Trusted Social Butterfly

@AARPRachelA wrote:

I would definitely like to have a transporter, like in Star Trek, or floo powder, like in Harry Potter. Anything that would allow me to teleport from one far away place to another.

How would you know that the device didn't make a copy of you at the destination and kill you at the starting end?  Would you take the manufacturer's word for it that it doesn't happen?  I wouldn't.

0 Kudos
Trusted Social Butterfly

I call your attention to the greatest science fiction movie ever made, Forbidden Planet.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Forbidden_Planet

The inhabitants of a planet created a machine that materialized anything from thought.  Then, overnight, they became extinct because their subconscious minds created monsters from the id. 

Well, that machine would be fun, if you could turn it off before going to sleep.

0 Kudos
Trusted Social Butterfly

Food Replicator.

Universal Translator - Travel the world and converse with anybody.

And this is stretching it a bit, but push-button instant expertise like in The Matrix.  Push one button - do my own Brake Job.

...Push another button - be a cyber security/VPN expert.

Community Manager
Community Manager

Oooo I like the universal translator!

0 Kudos
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Users
Need to Know

NEW: AARP Games Tournament Tuesdays! This week, achieve a top score in Atari Asteroids® and you could win $100! Learn More.

AARP Games Tournament Tuesdays

More From AARP