Content starts here
CLOSE ×

Search

Reverse Search for telephone no’s

Honored Social Butterfly

Reverse Search for telephone no’s

Ok, I seem to have a major spidey sense eruption going on.

Need to find a good, free reverse telephone number search engine.

Back in the good Ol’ days before cellphones or fake telephone numbers, I’d just log in to my database and pluck the telephone number from The Phone Company, can’t do that now.

Any suggestion for reverse search URL or address.

Froze

And yes, after long days/nights, I'd still like to swing these hunks of glass , plastic and silicon against the nearest wall Come on retirement!
Kudos
Views
Replies
Trusted Social Butterfly

All I know is that you had to pay AT&T to keep your information out of the phone book, it was litigated and AT&T won.  What guarantee is there that a phone number exists in a public data base?

0 Kudos
Honored Social Butterfly

In the good old days while employee at TPC , a look at database a pain on a data terminal.

A trip to Kirsten business library in Boston or any major city, and a manual scan of “The Blue Book” would produce the name, address, or any number reverse search style.Listed or unlisted or so called private, non-published.

Both still exist and probably are how most reverse search companies still get their numbers, for a starting point. By a rather pricey subscription cost weekly or monthly. Reason for business library.

False telephone numbers are a whole nother problem.

Back to my phone call, it was a scam, false representation. I didn’t fall for it. I did swear to press charges against them.

And that’s it. One little codicil it’s been approx 40+ years since I worked for TPC (It’s an old Godfrey Cambridge movie line.)

Might or might not be called Blue Book still, whether in data form or printed.

Froze

And yes, after long days/nights, I'd still like to swing these hunks of glass , plastic and silicon against the nearest wall Come on retirement!
0 Kudos
Bronze Conversationalist

I used to use anywho dot com with limited success. If it can't find information, it will prompt you to try the people search, which will cost to see any results.

I have also used truepeoplesearch dot com. Its success is also hit and miss.

Both of these find wrong information, but if you find some of the ones you look for, it's still worth the time it takes to search for a number.

Stay well and enjoy!

Lynn

P.S. I look forward to seeing any other replies with better information. I do searches on incoming numbers every time I get calls from numbers I don't know.

0 Kudos
Honored Social Butterfly

Thanx to all nothing worked so, had to call in favor TPC,  to get real name and company name.

Marked as scammers at 6am, and a little something extra sent to them.

Froze

Kudos
Views
0 Kudos
Trusted Social Butterfly

It wouldn't hurt for you to publish that number and info here so that other people can Google it.

0 Kudos
Honored Social Butterfly

@aruzinsky 

It would hurt unfortunately , to say what the phone numbers was.

For use by 🔔 Bell or former Bell 🔔 Lab employees.

And apologies on delay in getting back to you.

Froze

0 Kudos
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Users
Need to Know

NEW: AARP Games Tournament Tuesdays! This week, achieve a top score in Block Champ and you could win $100! Learn More.

AARP Games Tournament Tuesdays

More From AARP