Rethink your job search with the AARP job board. Find opportunities for experienced workers today.

Info Seeker
Kudos
Views

Re: Remote access to fix parents computer?

Message 1 of 14

As a free alternative you may also want to try remote desktop by AEROADMIN.

Hope this helps

Report Inappropriate Content
Kudos
Views
Info Seeker +
Kudos
Views

Message 2 of 14
You cannot beat Team Viewer. I am in WV and can remote in to any of my employees and contract workers in other states as well. I'm not sure if this works internationally but going to try Smiley Happy
Kate W.
Kudos
Views
Frequent Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 3 of 14

I have heard of this....My sister uses

@achtoby wrote:

I use Geek Squad with BestBuy.  I pay about $35 a year for 24/7 support and it works great.  The techs go in remotly and take care of any problems, viruses etc.  I think it is well worth my money.  The number is 1-800-Geek Squad (1-800-433-5778).

Kudos
Views
Info Seeker
Kudos
Views

Message 4 of 14

I use Geek Squad with BestBuy.  I pay about $35 a year for 24/7 support and it works great.  The techs go in remotly and take care of any problems, viruses etc.  I think it is well worth my money.  The number is 1-800-Geek Squad (1-800-433-5778).

Kudos
Views
Recognized Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 5 of 14

The friend I have in India helps me by using ShareYourMemory by Macrosoft.  I haven't been able to get in touch with him lately though.

Kudos
Views
Conversationalist
Kudos
Views

Message 6 of 14

Your answer is Teamviewer.  Teamviewer.com offers a free version for private users (not business or corporations, there is a paid version for that.)

Teamviewer is an easy to use and secure method of accessing your parents computer and doing what you would do in person.  It requires that you both run the Teamviewer program, which has a unique identifier and requires a password.  When you close the Teamviewer program, the access is no longer availabe.

Kudos
Views
Info Seeker
Kudos
Views

Message 7 of 14
I agree with leonot - TeamViewer is the way to go!

However, I choose not to do something for the one I am helping, including those senior to me unless they are truly lost. I do like to have the ability to do so but prefer to be on the phone with them while giving them step-by-step instructions. It helps the other person learn and become more comfortable - if needed. "That was so easy" is a typical response. Of course, there are times I take control or it is not that easy.

I am 100% a fan of TeamViewer!
Kudos
Views
Frequent Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 8 of 14

Excellent Info. below....Didn't know there was such a thing.   Maybe I can get help from my daughters,  that is if they ever have the time....Won't hurt to try....

Kudos
Views
Info Seeker
Kudos
Views

Message 9 of 14
As a veteran computer user and repair man, I agree 100% with using Team Viewer. It only allows remote connections with the use of a user ID and passcode. It's important to note that the passcode changes for each session.
Kudos
Views
Info Seeker
Kudos
Views

Message 10 of 14

TeamViewer is good.

I use "LogMeIn" for all my family and friends.

LogMeIn is easy to use and has many advantages.

Kudos
Views