Is your 'stuff' stressing you out? TV personality Matt Paxton has tips for downsizing and decluttering in our free, two-part webinar! Register now.

Info Seeker
Kudos
Views

Re: Remote access to fix parents computer?

Message 11 of 14

I also have had good success with Team Viewer. It is a free program for non commercial use. It is a little award to use, for the first time, because of the delays in the network.

Report Inappropriate Content
Kudos
Views
Trusted Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 12 of 14

If they have a Windows computer have them click on Start>Help and Support. In the search box have them type allow remote access then click on the search icon and read Get help with your computer using Windows Remote Assistance .

After that, if they need too, have them click on Start and in the search box enter remote access. See image below.

AllowRemote Access.JPG

Posted by,
cat0w
Texas (USA)

Kudos
Views
Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 13 of 14

I'm a huge fan of TeamViewer (https://www.teamviewer.com/ ) - Free for personal use. I use it constantly between my own machines, and frequently when diagnosing friends and family's machines.

They can see what you're doing as you're doing it, if that helps/matters.

The "Leo" at https://askleo.com
Kudos
Views
Highlighted
Info Seeker
Kudos
Views
Replies

Remote access to fix parents computer?

Message 14 of 14

I'm an AARP member in Minnesota and need to help my parents with some computer issues in Arizona.  I know there are programs that will allow my parents to give me remote access.  What does anybody recommend?  What do we need to think about before going into somethign like this?

Kudos
Views
Replies
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Users
Announcements

Have a question about AARP membership or benefits? Ask it in the AARP Help Membership forum, Benefits & Discounts forum, or General forum.

multiple white question marks with center red question mark

Top Authors