Content starts here
CLOSE ×

Search

Honored Social Butterfly

Remember Internet Privacy

Tech giants seem to like it, now.

courtesy of California and little known law.

You may like to read this article and follow every link, Iโ€™m certainly doing the same again.๐Ÿ˜‡

My reasoning is simply trying to remain conscious @-26* and no heat, plus it looks like our bacon will be saved by CAL.

https://www.theregister.co.uk/2019/02/26/tech_industry_data_privacy/

Froze

And yes, after long days/nights, I'd still like to swing these hunks of glass , plastic and silicon against the nearest wall Come on retirement!
Honored Social Butterfly

@Frozenoem  - Thank you for posting the article. It is interesting to know what's going on. It does make me wonder about Members of Congress, and why they aren't worried about their own data privacy. 

I'm not on Facebook, Twitter, or any other social media other than this website and Next Door. I have my privacy settings on all my devices and Google / Google Chrome set to the strictest possible, yet Google still manages to capture and display a lot of data. There are little clues that show up all over the place when I do web searches or browsing, and they always know my location even if I have it turned off or blocked.

โ€œWhen the power of love overcomes the love of power, the world will know peace.โ€ - Jimi Hendrix
0 Kudos
Honored Social Butterfly

@MaVolta 

There are many reason why you could see links to you and your searches anywhere and everywhere.

But, my brain says bed is calling, I finally have power and my batteries need charging. Power says  central heating restored๐Ÿ‘.

Some members of Congress and Most Senators work are clueless about social media or cybersecurity, think that was pc.The standard answer we were hacked, some GOP recently had his twitter feed hacked.

Re: Google and Chrome think I put something on AARP board about that, or else just read it.

Do you have other devices, like smartphones,or just chrome.Android, or iOS, Mac or Windows or Unix, Linux.Tablets Or ?

Gotta sleep

Froze

And yes, after long days/nights, I'd still like to swing these hunks of glass , plastic and silicon against the nearest wall Come on retirement!
Regular Social Butterfly

Great article and thanks for sharing.  Please keep us in mind and post any upcoming results of this much needed situation.  I don't believe many are listening, which in my opinion, is a shame. Regulations on this whole sector of our society needs to be addressed and kudos to Europe for their example.

Thanks again!

0 Kudos
cancel
Showing results forย 
Showย ย onlyย  | Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 
Users
Need to Know

NEW: AARP Games Tournament Tuesdays! This week, achieve a top score in Block Champ and you could win $100! Learn More.

AARP Games Tournament Tuesdays

More From AARP