Content starts here
CLOSE ×

Search

Trusted Contributor

Recycle Bin Icon

After installing windows 10 I can't find the recycle bin, and would like an icon on my desktop. 

I have done this as seen in pic, and still can't access my recycle bin. recycle bin.png

0 Kudos
Social Butterfly

@janetw128   After checking the Recycle Bin box did you click on Apply and OK?

GodBlessUSA

0 Kudos
Trusted Contributor

I went to settings, personalization, themes, and desktop icons. It will only let me click on one or the other. 2020-06-14.png

0 Kudos
Trusted Contributor

Success! I found this article, and some way somehow I got my recycle bin back, and my original home screen icon's from windows 7. I checked, and I'm still running windows 10. The tiles that I got on my home screen when I installed windows 10 are now on the start menu. I did 2 of the 3 steps in this link. I didn't do the 3rd step because there was a warning which I was NOT sure of. I shut down my computer, and it updated with my windows 7 home screen. Hope it works for you.

https://www.makeuseof.com/tag/restore-lost-recycle-bin-windows/#:~:text=Select%20the%20Start%20butto...

0 Kudos
cancel
Showing results forย 
Showย ย onlyย  | Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 
Users
Need to Know

NEW: AARP Games Tournament Tuesdays! This week, achieve a top score in Atari Centipedeยฎ and you could win $100! Learn More.

AARP Games Tournament Tuesdays

More From AARP