Content starts here
CLOSE ×

Search

Bronze Conversationalist

Protections for your p.c.

I'm changing my anti-virus, & will be installing other programs. Can one use Malware bytes, Microsoft Essentials with Avast ? What else is compatible, even necessary ? Anyone care to let me know their faves ?

Happy Valentines Day !  Heart

Sandee2
0 Kudos
Contributor

With Windows10, I have found that Windows Defender is sufficient for anti-virus protection.  The database is automatically updated, weekly, with information regarding new malware.

0 Kudos
Trusted Social Butterfly

@ss11943859 wrote:

I'm changing my anti-virus, & will be installing other programs. Can one use Malware bytes, Microsoft Essentials with Avast ? What else is compatible, even necessary ? Anyone care to let me know their faves ?

Happy Valentines Day !  Heart

Suppose you often back up your entire system on an external hard drive, instead?

I use EaseUS Todo Backup Free 11.5 . 

And, what is wrong with Windows Defender?

0 Kudos
Bronze Conversationalist

Thanks all, for your input, but I need Free ! So, anyone have  favorite free programs ?

Sandee2
0 Kudos
Honored Social Butterfly

SS, 

Perhaps this link may help you, and research as well.

https://top8antivirus.com/antivirus-comparison/?edgetrackerid=100298100431150&ver=one&gclid=EAIaIQob...

Think while doing your research you might like to check how you were last affected, and on what devices.

Smartphones, tablets, computers. All of your initial question A/v programs are good to a point but, some consume more resources on the computer.

And running more than one at a time is a definite Nono. It’s no longer just a question of viruses, but, malware and have you updated every background running process on your computer, tablet, phone, etc.

Froze

And yes, after long days/nights, I'd still like to swing these hunks of glass , plastic and silicon against the nearest wall Come on retirement!
0 Kudos
Bronze Conversationalist

Thanks, froze !

Sandee2
0 Kudos
Social Butterfly

@ss11943859      I use McAfee Total Protection on all my devices, Desktop, Laptop, Cell Phone and Tablet. 

AARPMcAfeeComputersetc.jpg

0 Kudos
Honored Social Butterfly

Sorry I only use paid for Norton Internet Security x 24 licenses.

Same version that I Install on new builds.

Pricey yes but, security features I enjoy👍. Peace of mind I don’t mind paying for. 

Froze

And yes, after long days/nights, I'd still like to swing these hunks of glass , plastic and silicon against the nearest wall Come on retirement!
0 Kudos
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Users
Need to Know

NEW: AARP Games Tournament Tuesdays! This week, achieve a top score in Block Champ and you could win $100! Learn More.

AARP Games Tournament Tuesdays

More From AARP