Take the AARP Smart Driver course and you could save on auto insurance! Sign up today.

Info Seeker
Kudos
Views

Re: Password Manager?

Message 41 of 71

Roboform Everywhere.

Depending on how many passwords you need to manage and whether you use multiple devices, the free version may suit your needs. We have been using Roboform for around 10 years now. 

Auto synchronization between devices, emergency access for a trusted friend after a delay period you set. Safe notes: text notes encrypted and stored like passwords. Password generator to encourage proper password usage (different password for every site)

Report Inappropriate Content
Kudos
Views
Conversationalist
Kudos
Views

Message 42 of 71

I use Dashlane and I love it! It's so much easier and safer having all of my passwords on this app instead of writing them in a notebook like I used to do. They are all alphabetized and the app does an excellent job of controlling my information, suggesting safe passwords, letting me categorize the web sites by type, reminding me how often I've used the same password, allows me to store my personal information, keeps track of my ID, secure notes, and receipts, and best of all it automatically inserts my password when I reach a site that requires log in - after I've authenticated my identity with Dashlane. I have the Premium plan which costs just $12.95/year; I prefer the Premium plan because it allows me to store and access my information on my smart phone as well as my laptop and syncs all my data on the two platforms. It also allows me to import and export passwords and provides a VPN as well. The standard Dashlane app is free. 

Kudos
Views
Info Seeker
Kudos
Views

Message 43 of 71

I use Flying Bit Password Keeper. It saves everything locally to my machine and the password file can be copied between machines to share them. It's an older program, but it works well and does not rely on a hardware key as some of the others do.

Kudos
Views
Info Seeker
Kudos
Views

Message 44 of 71

Good advice.

Kudos
Views
Conversationalist
Kudos
Views

Message 45 of 71

Check out this link for LastPass and scroll down to the security secition.  Looks strong enough for me. https://www.lastpass.com/how-lastpass-works

Kudos
Views
Info Seeker
Kudos
Views

Message 46 of 71

LastPass for more than 6 years. Love it. 

Kudos
Views
Conversationalist
Kudos
Views

Message 47 of 71

I don't know about other password managers, but Roboform is encrypted.  A master password (which should be easy to remember) is required to even access it.  I have found it secure, dependable and easy to use.

Kudos
Views
Info Seeker
Kudos
Views

Message 48 of 71

Makes no sense (to me) to have an app know or genrate all your passwords.  Every website is hackable.  What makes a passowrd manager website immune?

Then there is the "inside man (person)" possibility.  All companies can have greedy or vengeful employees thatsell or give out the sensitive information.  Even the CIA and FBI has had employees who have done this with a ling prison sentence hanging over them.

98% of my passwords are the same for frivolous websites.  Who cares if they hack that password?  Just vary/change the password for the very few websites that are important.   

Kudos
Views
Info Seeker
Kudos
Views

Message 49 of 71
Spoiler

I use LastPass and have done so for years. I only have to remember three passwords, one for my phone, one for my laptop, and one for LastPass. I can launch webpages right from LastPass and have the userid and password auto fill. All of my passwords are unique and random, nothing that could be guessed, and I don't have to remember any of them. Other family members also use LastPass, and we can share passwords with each other.

Kudos
Views
Info Seeker
Kudos
Views

Message 50 of 71

I would be lost without my password manager.  I use the one in Safari.  I also have my passwords on index cards and keep them updated with changes to passwords.  There are 59 cards.

Kudos
Views
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Users
Announcements

Have you taken a memorable trip to a destination others should know about? Post a Trip Report

city skyline captured on tablet