Getty Images and AARP present the Disrupt Aging Collection, a searchable photo collection that redefines what it means to get older. Take a look.

Info Seeker
Kudos
Views

Re: Password Manager?

Message 11 of 74

I use LastPass because it is very secure. The simple test: if you lose your password for the password manager, can the company recover it? If so,their security is unacceptably low. LastPass does pass this test; all data is encrypted on your device, and no unencrypted data ever leaves your device(s). LastPass securely syncs among all my devices (Mac, iPhone, iPad, Windows PC...)  so my data is always available on every device. AES 256 bit encryption is great, but only if properly implemented. LastPass creates the key from your email, password and more (for the techie, a unique random "salt" and then passes it though an algorithm designed to create 256 bits of seemingly random bits over 100,000 times.All that and more is necessary to make the encryption really strong.

Report Inappropriate Content
Kudos
Views
Info Seeker
Kudos
Views

Message 12 of 74

I use Keychain because it is built into Apple computers, tablets, and phones and is free to use, and syncs across devices. So if you’re in the Apple ecosystem you’re all set. You’re article should have mentioned it. 

Kudos
Views
Info Seeker
Kudos
Views

Message 13 of 74

LastPass.  Great product.  Great value.  Most of the IT people I know (I'm still one) use it.  Follows me no matter which browser I use no matter which device (home, work, iPad, iPhone).

Kudos
Views
Respected Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 14 of 74

1Password

I like the ability to change a password on my iMac and, within minutes, my iPhone and my MacBook know the new password.

~~~
Start every day with a smile and get it over with.
Kudos
Views
Info Seeker
Kudos
Views

Message 15 of 74

I have used LastPass for several years and love it! User friendly. Although I use the free program, the few times I've needed to contact Customer Service, they have answered promptly. Paying customers receive expedited responses. LastPass also offers the free option of adding someone who can access your account in case something happens and you aren't able to access it yourself, due to illness for example.

Kudos
Views
Trusted Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 16 of 74

No password manager. We keep a document updated on all userid/password/challenge questions. As others have stated, password manager is just as vulnerable to hacking as anything else.

"...Why is everyone a victim? Take personal responsibility for your life..."
Kudos
Views
Frequent Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 17 of 74

I'll manage my own passwords , thank you. Written down where only I ( and hubby) can see them.

Nothing is safe online !

Sandee2
Kudos
Views
Info Seeker
Kudos
Views

Message 18 of 74

I starting using ewallet several years ago, and it was fine but I have been having technical issues with it and I can't reach anyone to help me. It makes me nervous to think that these password managers are created by unknows and then the company or individuals disappear and you are STUCK and unable to get service if there is a problem.  I also wonder if the people or companies creating these managers have access to your passwords?

Kudos
Views
Highlighted
Conversationalist
Kudos
Views

Message 19 of 74

@lucky1338, If I had not already been satisfied with Dashlane, Kim Komando's recommendation alone would have been enough to opt for Kaspersky. For those of you who are still on the fence about a password manager, you can't go wrong with Lucky1338's choice. Otherwise, here are Reviews for the Six Top Password Managers. Take your time and choose wisely.

Kudos
Views
Info Seeker
Kudos
Views

Message 20 of 74

I use Kasperski.  Recommended by Kim Komando.

BB

Kudos
Views
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Users
Announcements

Are you new to the online community? Say Hi and tell us a bit about yourself, your interests, and how we can help make this community a great experience for you!

close-up group of seniors smiling at camera

Top Authors