Rethink your job search with the AARP job board. Find opportunities for experienced workers today.

Bronze Conversationalist
Kudos
Views

Re: Password Manager?

Message 51 of 71

I've used StickyPassword for some years, now, and find it a godsend.  Since one of the most egregious failures of password usage is using the same password for multiple accounts, SP generates a brand new password (according to user specs) for each account.  (You can also create your own password and SP will tell you its strength).  It can be set to automatically log one in to the designated website.  One master password, which only the user knows, accesses SP's encrypted database.  You can also sync with any other device.  

I was an early adopter of StickyPassword, and was gifted with a lifetime membership, so I don't know about costs.  I think you can use their freeware for a limited number of accounts.

Whatever program you opt for, for heaven's sake use one that will generate strong passwords for each account/website/login you have.  

Report Inappropriate Content
Kudos
Views
Conversationalist
Kudos
Views

Message 52 of 71

I have used Roboform for years and I love it.

I paid for a subscription to Roboform Everywhere, which allows me to access my passwords from any computer, anywhere, and log in with my password without having to type it in, which means my passwords cannot be hacked in an unprotected hotspot.

Kudos
Views
Conversationalist
Kudos
Views

Message 53 of 71

I bought a password vault from Sharper Image, which operates by battery, which was supplied when I purchased it.  I have had it over a year now, and I have not had any problems.  It is definitely worth the investment!!

Kudos
Views
Conversationalist
Kudos
Views

Message 54 of 71

How many sites do you access and how many DIFFERENT 15 numbers/letters/special characters do you use?  Do you use 2 factor authorization using your smartphone?  If you don't use a long/strong passphrase you are asking for trouble.  2 factor authorization can be broken if someone hacks you SIM (steals your phone number).  Be safe!

Kudos
Views
Info Seeker
Kudos
Views

Message 55 of 71

I agree.  I have been using it for years also.  It has served my needs.  When contacting support for help, they respond in a timely manner.  I love the face recognition with my iphone.

Kudos
Views
Info Seeker
Kudos
Views

Message 56 of 71

I use "LastPass".  I have the purchased the full subscription.  I have been very happy with the program's features.  I would recommend this program to anyone looking for a password manager program.

Kudos
Views
Highlighted
Info Seeker
Kudos
Views

Message 57 of 71

I have used Lastpass for several years.  Works well and I have had zero issues.  As stated the personal version is free.

Kudos
Views
Info Seeker
Kudos
Views

Message 58 of 71

Using KeePass for years.  It’s free, open source supports autofill, copy/paste and drag and drop.  Uses SHA-256 AES encryption.  Master password is stored in generated encrypted file and not on online servers.  Apps for both desktop and mobile devices.  I think the most operative word here is it’s free. 

Kudos
Views
Info Seeker
Kudos
Views

Message 59 of 71

Hello;

Yes, I use a progam calle "Password Safe" for several years now, and so far so good. No hacks, it's been very secure for me.

Steven

Kudos
Views
Info Seeker +
Kudos
Views

Message 60 of 71

PasswordSafe, used it for years, free.

Kudos