Take control of your brain health with Staying Sharp! Try it today.

Treasured Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Re: On April 11, 2017, Microsoft Corporation will terminate the support of Windows Vista®.

Message 1 of 8

I remember my first built dumb terminal Heathkit and it's Acoustic Coupler amazed I still have hearing.

also my TI Silent 700 from work, geezum. Boston to NY to D.C. Flights and checking.30 feet of thermal  paper to read my Compuserve emails vs 2 lines of dot matrix printing on its massive display for portability.

the looks I used to get one diner when I needed to get info to work. Can I borrow an ac outlet and this pay phone for a bit. Etc, bling..screech 150 cops/ baud  woohoo high speed.

I swear that's the reason I ripped my rotator cuffs, both. 

Hauling that thing around airports and subways.

I prefer any of my Thinkpads to that beast, it's frightening when you go in the closet and Thinkpads spill out all 8 still working with everything from DOS, UNIX, OS/2, WFWG, XP Pro, 8.1 Pro and 10 and Red Hat.

Frozen

one more shoulder to repair and I may walk upright again.** yes, there are acronym errors above iPhone agitation.😈

Report Inappropriate Content
Kudos
Views
Kudos
Views

Re: On April 11, 2017, Microsoft Corporation will terminate the support of Windows Vista®.

Message 2 of 8

@SassiLady wrote:

"Before IT", I started in "data processing", don't know if you remember keypunch machines.   

--

Keypunch machines and the card verifyers.

Kudos
Views
Respected Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 3 of 8

"Before IT", I started in "data processing", don't know if you remember keypunch machines. Then progressed to using a "dumb terminal" that was connected to a mainframe and we were then called "MIS" and finally before even moving on to a PC and connecting to the mainframe from there they came up with "IT". Just saying.   

Kudos
Views
Kudos
Views

Message 4 of 8

@Clarlee2

That's ok, I saw your spelling and thought of Mycroft Holmes, Sherlock's older brother.

Couldn't think what he had to do with Vista, though.

Some are still using it though, just like dos5.0 and WFWG 3.11 but, thank heavens most are now off-line Permanently!

Frozen

Kudos
Views
Kudos
Views

Message 5 of 8

@WebWiseWoman wrote:

(Hardware and Software Tech Support 30+ years [even before there was "IT" and we fixed things based on the pink "While you were out" slips], so have a little background there.)

--

Didn't we call it 'Data Processing' back then? 

Kudos
Views
Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 6 of 8

MICROFT?  

Öops!  Misread the subject title.

Not batting 1000 this day.

Charlee7

(gained one)

Kudos
Views
Super Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 7 of 8

Great post! To anyone still on Vista, not only is your computer very vulnerable but the hardware can be replaced pretty affordably, and your computer/internet experience will be enhanced.

Let's face it, older is pretty good for we humans who are members of AARP, but for hardware and software, not so much.

(Hardware and Software Tech Support 30+ years [even before there was "IT" and we fixed things based on the pink "While you were out" slips], so have a little background there.)

Phil Harris, actor and showman, to John Fogerty of CCR: “If I’d known I’d live this long, I’d have taken better care of myself.”
Kudos
Views
Trusted Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views
Replies

On April 11, 2017, Microsoft Corporation will terminate the support of Windows Vista®.

Message 8 of 8
Kudos
Views
Replies