Have questions about your Medicare options? AARP's Medicare Resource Center can help.

Gold Conversationalist
Kudos
Views

Re: Nextbook tablet reset? ? ?

Message 1 of 6

Update: I called nextbook today, and waited online for about 15 minutes. It was a monday, and you know how it is when you make calls on mondays. Even though my nextbook was not under warranty the girl walked me through a factory reset. We had to do it twice, and when things didn't seem quite right still with my tablet I shut it down, and she gave me the number for the extended warranty company. When I turned it back on things were a little better. At least the startup wizzard was GONE, and I didn't have to turn my wifi on , and enter my security code. I continued to work on getting it back to where it was by downloading dropbox to recover all my pics on my tablet, and updated chrome. Thanks for your suggestion about checking the backup my data. That is on of the things we did, and that saved my bookmarks. Hopefully if it ever happens I can reset it myself. 

Report Inappropriate Content
Kudos
Views
Highlighted
Respected Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 2 of 6

Janet,

I admit today is not my day for deep thoughts on anything but, it looks like (in theory) that if you do a backup to google servers, before a reset. Then you might be able to go to recover and have them synch'ed back to the tablet.

http://support.nextbookusa.com/support/index.php?/Troubleshooter/Step/View/9

Page I gave you, says you need to put that checkmark in the box to backup my data, that uploads settings and passwords to Google.Before the reset to OOBE or Out of Box clean slate. After that it's the recovery center tab, in the troubleshooter.

But, my head feels like its in a vise today. And I really am not big on Android devices in general, last one I personally had was a TV stik for giggles. The rest I've seen lately were for virus, malware removals and those were phones.

Check the website I gave and then read the troubleshooter for your model, it might give you a better idea of what will happen when.I tend to believe in most things technical if I have a real page for the model # vs. a generic one page for all models.

Frozen

Kudos
Views
Gold Conversationalist
Kudos
Views

Message 3 of 6

Android version 41.1 Jellybean, model NX008HD8G. Thanks for the link to the site. The recovery center tab does not work , but I went to my tablet settings under backup, and reset. What I found out was I can only click on one of the options. Either back up my data, or automatic restore when reinstalling an app, which I had checked. Personal data says factory data reset, erase all data on tablet. I'll have to decide if I want to click on the factory data reset. I know I can download google, etc if I loose them. Thanks for the nextbook page. I had another nextbook page that didn't give me much info.

Kudos
Views
Kudos
Views

Message 4 of 6
Make that
Http://support.nextbookusa.com

I can't edit previous post with this phone😈

Froze
Kudos
Views
Kudos
Views

Message 5 of 6
What model # do you have?
In theory apps will be downloadable from google download again.

Personally I'd try the support site listed.
It sounds like you may have an internal battery backup issue,like a coin cell type but, I don't know the unit and my phone is not conducive to web pages (tiny print).
Have you tried
Http://support.nextbook.com for answers?

Froze
Kudos
Views
Gold Conversationalist
Kudos
Views
Replies

Nextbook tablet reset? ? ?

Message 6 of 6

Tablet is 1 1/2 years old, and now when I start it up it opens with the wizard setup for language, time, etc. I then have to turn on my wi fi, and put in my security code every time. I also have to login to google each,and every time. It saves none of my passwords although I have gone into my settings every time to do things like sleep mode, auto rotate, etc. I have tried to update, and download google but nothing will download. Is my last resort to reset, and will I loose everything that's on my tablet? On my tablet there's a backup, and reset, but when I click on it there's only a reset tablet button that tells me this will erase all data from your tablets internal storage including google, system and app data and settings along with download apps. I have already lost dropbox when all of this first started. Thanks for any input.

Kudos
Views
Replies