Know someone over 50 who is making a difference? Nominate them for the AARP Purpose Prize.

Info Seeker +
Kudos
Views

Re: NEW AUCTIONS BIDDING FAVORS THOSE WITH HUNDREDS OF THOUSANDS OF POINTS

Message 1 of 2

Thank you!

I, too, was dismayed to see the changes made to the R4G Auctions. Clearly, it favors those with tons of points, but who, other than employees, would bid 175,000 points for a $25 gas card?

Aside from the unethical practice of allowing employees to participate, I don't have a problem with the Auction. I've actually won $100 gift cards twice. But this new system is for the birds! It's just a way to suck up all your points on $10 or $25 auctions (currently 127,000 for a $10 Walmart card) leaving a clear lane for employees to walk away with more valuable Auction items.

Initially, I thought your "top" bid would remain hidden and bidding would continue. Nope, let's make it REALLY easy for the  employees...we'll show you our best offer and then you don't have to worry about being near a computer or leaving it to chance that maybe your bid won't go through. Just bid a totally unreasonable amount and walk away. How nice for you!

I would like to add a couple of questions to es14589767 original text. 1) What PERCENTAGE of auction winners are employees? 2) What PERCENTAGE of WOW! auctions have been won by employees? 3) Why not let the employees have their own Auction? Oh, never mind, they do.

Report Inappropriate Content
Kudos
Views
Highlighted
Silver Conversationalist
Kudos
Views
Replies

NEW AUCTIONS BIDDING FAVORS THOSE WITH HUNDREDS OF THOUSANDS OF POINTS

Message 2 of 2

168,165 Points - FOR A $50 Pier 1 Card

175,010 Points - FOR A $25 Bed Bath & Beyond Gift Card

Anyone notice how the new auction bidding system favors those with hundreds of thousands of points. Since AARP Members are bidding against AARP  Employees (who are conviently members too!) they must be gaming the auction system yet again for the AARP Employees to win..  AARP if I am wrong then start disclosing which bids were made by AARP Employees and also which auctions were won by AARP Employees!

Capture.JPG

Report Inappropriate Content
Kudos
Views
Replies