Is your 'stuff' stressing you out? TV personality Matt Paxton has tips for downsizing and decluttering in our free, two-part webinar! Register now.

Treasured Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Re: May 2019 Update for Win10

Message 11 of 15

Has anyone successfully installed these updates?  I've tried multiple times on both my desktop and laptop without success.  It gets about halfway through and then stops aborts, then rolls back the changes.

I've removed USB flash drives, the only USB devices left is wireless mouse and keyboard (on the desktop)

Report Inappropriate Content
Kudos
Views
Kudos
Views

Message 12 of 15

@aruzinsky 

You might enjoy this update of it actually loads, or if you choose to delay it.

Promises new features that might be promising.

Froze

Kudos
Views
Trusted Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 13 of 15

So what?  That's Microsoft's problem, not mine.

Windows recovery disks have a long history of not working because of disk reassignments and an inability to allow the user to browse for backup files. The Windows 7 version only knows the disk configuration when Windows was first installed.  I now backup Windows using 3rd party software with recovery disks that allow me to browse for backup files.

Old Witch
Kudos
Views
Info Seeker
Kudos
Views

Message 14 of 15

Thank you for sharing benefit

Kudos
Views
Kudos
Views
Replies

May 2019 Update for Win10

Message 15 of 15

Will have issues if you don’t pull USB external drives or SD cards.

The error message you will receive is,”This PC can’t be upgraded to Windows 10.”

To resolve the problem, remove external Hard drives and SD devices and restart installation.

https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/help/4500988/windows-update-blocked-because-of-drive-reassignmen...

https://www.zdnet.com/article/microsoft-blocks-windows-10-may-2019-update-on-pcs-that-use-usb-storag...

Froze

Kudos
Views
Replies
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Users
Announcements

Have a question about AARP membership or benefits? Ask it in the AARP Help Membership forum, Benefits & Discounts forum, or General forum.

multiple white question marks with center red question mark

Top Authors