Content starts here
CLOSE ×

Search

Bronze Conversationalist

Malware Bytes

"I recently signed up for their free trial. Can't find any info about it on desktop. How do I know if it's working, or even if it's there at all ? "

FYI : I'm posting this for my neighbor. Says he didn't sign in to any forum. Has no idea where to look-documents, or ??

Thanks !

Sandee2
0 Kudos
Social Butterfly

If using Windows, Has this person looked at his downloads folder?

How about the Control Panel for Programs.

AARPPrograms2019.jpg

Has he or she checked Task Manager to see if it shows and it is working?

Has, This PC> OS C> Program Files been checked?

Also, if using Windows 10,  and probable the fastest, start typing Malware  in the search box next to start if using Windows 10.

0 Kudos
Honored Social Butterfly

@ss11943859 

I use it too - ditto what nctarheel said.

But be careful, they are constantly trying to get you to upgrade to the paid version - not necessary but be careful not to click download on their 30'day FREE,trial; just keep using the actual free version.

It's Always Something . . . . Roseanna Roseannadanna
Honored Social Butterfly

@GailL1 wrote:

@ss11943859 

I use it too - ditto what nctarheel said.

But be careful, they are constantly trying to get you to upgrade to the paid version - not necessary but be careful not to click download on their 30'day FREE,trial; just keep using the actual free version.

They will, from time to time update their free version and ask if you wish to install the update. That's legit. Do install the updates for the free version. But I return the ditto to what Gail said.... be careful to not upgrade to the paid version.... unless you want it.

0 Kudos
Bronze Conversationalist

Thanks, everyone. Have passed this on, & suggested he sign up for a computer help forum !

Sandee2
0 Kudos
Honored Social Butterfly

Malware Bytes Free was suggested to me by Apple's Support Team.

Once installed, there should be an "M" that sort of looks like bat wings on your top tool bar. You click on the "M", click on "open Malware Bytes", and then click scan. It will scan your files, tell you if they are clean, and then you can click to close.

0 Kudos
Bronze Conversationalist

No 'bat wings' to be found on his desktop, he says. I'd say the download didn't complete.

Sandee2
0 Kudos
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Users
Need to Know

NEW: AARP Games Tournament Tuesdays! This week, achieve a top score in Block Champ and you could win $100! Learn More.

AARP Games Tournament Tuesdays

More From AARP