From ‘liquid biopsies’ to precision medicine, these five developments will change cancer care in the next decade. Learn more.

Conversationalist
Kudos
Views

Re: Looking for a different social media

Message 1 of 7

@FredSmif wrote:

Try the forums at www.city-data.com. There are many forums related to specific cities/towns, etc. And there are many forums specific to activities...finances, retirement, health, etc. Very general in their scope.

And there are many sites hosting forums pertaining to specific topics...particular health conditions, particular hobbies and interests, etc. Google will be your friend in this hunt.

Good luck.

Thank you. So far you have been the most helpful. I will go look there.

Report Inappropriate Content
Kudos
Views
Trusted Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 2 of 7

"....But as I stated before. The only social websites on there are dating sites...".

I sure don't know what you're reading.

That link shows health, money, consumer, jobs (all geared for seniors), and other senior forums such as 'seniorforums.com' or 'seniorchatroom.com'. There are only a couple of dating sites shown.

"...Why is everyone a victim? Take personal responsibility for your life..."
Kudos
Views
Regular Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 3 of 7

Try the forums at www.city-data.com. There are many forums related to specific cities/towns, etc. And there are many forums specific to activities...finances, retirement, health, etc. Very general in their scope.

And there are many sites hosting forums pertaining to specific topics...particular health conditions, particular hobbies and interests, etc. Google will be your friend in this hunt.

Good luck.

Kudos
Views
Regular Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 4 of 7

logged on looking for the "old time" aarp forum tx_gp et al

sr41
Kudos
Views
Conversationalist
Kudos
Views

Message 5 of 7

Thank you. I read that one earlier before I posted my question here. But as I stated before. The only social websites on there are dating sites.

I'll just keep looking. Thank you anyway.

Kudos
Views
Trusted Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 6 of 7

You have to define what you want out of 'social media'. AARP, this site, is considered social media. 

Facebook was intended for social networking. That is, if your friends and family are on it, they are posting comments/pictures etc., and you would do the same in order to see what's going on with your friends and family.

If you are looking for other sites that feature seniors posting, similar to this site, look at this article:

(just copy and put in search in your browser)

Our Top Senior Websites of 2018 | The Best Senior Citizen Websites

"...Why is everyone a victim? Take personal responsibility for your life..."
Kudos
Views
Conversationalist
Kudos
Views
Replies

Looking for a different social media

Message 7 of 7

I hope this is the right section on the forum for this. Quite frankly Im getting sick of Facebook. It is becoming crude and rude and cutthroat. They say its getting more geared towards Seniors but honestly all I am seeing is more and more disrespect for Seniors. Does anyone know of other social media sites out there gears more towards Seniors. I have seen a few but they looked more like dating sites. I have no interested in dating. I am quite happy being a widow. I will never find anyone as good as my husband was. He was my best friend.

Kudos
Views
Replies
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Users
Announcements

Open Enrollment: Oct 15-Dec 7, 2019 Find resources to help you decide on the best healthcare insurance plans for you during Open Enrollment season