Live Your Best Life With Rewards for Good. Start Earning Reward Points Now. Get Started Now!

Trusted Social Butterfly

Re: Little Blue circle

Message 1 of 5

I will add this if someone wants to look at it and see some of the new things that speed up a PC. I just bought a new Desktop today that should arrive in the next couple of weeks. I bought mine through Sam's Club and saved a little on my purchase. This link is for the same computer on Best Buy's web site.

https://www.bestbuy.com/site/dell-xps-desktop-intel-core-i7-16gb-memory-nvidia-geforce-gtx-1050-ti-2...

Report Inappropriate Content
Trusted Social Butterfly

Message 2 of 5

Sandee,

Press the Windows Key + X , at the same time and then click on Settings - tell us what your operating system is?

Processor, Installed RAM, System Type,Scroll down and what your operating system is Windows edition, version# And OS Build#.

If your little blue circle is spinning around on opening an app, it may be low on memory.

That could be caused by malware, viruses, really low memory or many things??

More information is required, from you.

What applications are you trying to use?

Fill in all the blanks and we’ll have a better idea of what you’re dealing with.

Froze

Trusted Social Butterfly

Message 3 of 5

When you boot up and choose to use an app on your desktop your computer first has to find it on your hard drive then load it into your memory for use. As long as you don't turn your computer off, if you stop using that app then the next time you need to use it you should find that it comes up faster.

A lot of things affect when you open something on your desktop.

Do you know how much RAM (Memory) you have? My computers both have 16 Gigabytes.

How fast does your hard drive spin? Mine are 7200 RPM.

What type of processor do you have or do you know?

The below image will show some of the information on my Laptop computer.

AARPComputerInfo.JPG

Trusted Social Butterfly

Message 4 of 5

Hi,

There are several reasons a windows operating system can lag.  Do you have anti-virus software?  If so, run a scan and see if it finds something.

You can also do a disk cleanup.

https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/help/4026616/windows-disk-cleanup-in-windows-10

Frequent Social Butterfly

Little Blue circle

Message 5 of 5

When I boot up, & click on an icon on desktop, the blue circle keeps spinning, sometimes stopping, then goes again. What causes this slow-down?

Sandee2
Announcements
Prepare to Care: A Resource Guide for Families download this free guide developed by AARP to help make caregiving more manageable. It includes information on how to have vital conversations with older family members, organize important documents, assess your loved one's needs and locate important resources.
Top Kudoed Authors