Take the AARP Smart Driver course and you could save on auto insurance! Sign up today.

Treasured Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Re: It took 10 Minutes to Sign-in to AARP

Message 21 of 26

@cat0w wrote:

@EpsterI know I get points each day I visit Rewards for Good, one point for each sweepstakes item, then I can add up to 24 more for the items I want to try and win.

I have never signed out and back in to get this, I just visit the Rewards Catalog.

@cat0w Hm. Ok, let's compare notes. Maybe I don't need to log in and out every day to get the 75 points. Here's a screengrab of my Rewards account's earning page. This (171 points) is what I get every day but Sunday, when I earn over 2,000 points. On the First of the month I get 5,000 points, but every other day I get this:

my daily r4g points.png

"The key to success is to keep growing in all areas of life - mental, emotional, spiritual, as well as physical." Julius Erving
Report Inappropriate Content
Tags (1)
Kudos
Views
Trusted Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 22 of 26

@EpsterI know I get points each day I visit Rewards for Good, one point for each sweepstakes item, then I can add up to 24 more for the items I want to try and win.

I have never signed out and back in to get this, I just visit the Rewards Catalog.

Microsoft Edge is my main browser.

See image below. Click on, tap or activate image to be able to enlarge it.AARPRewardsforGoodPoints.JPG

Kudos
Views
Kudos
Views

Message 23 of 26

@cat0w wrote:

I never sign out on Microsoft Edge, IE, Firefox or SeaMonkey so I am always signed in.

@cat0w I know others who do the same, however a person earning Rewards for Good points must sign in each day in order to receive points for that task. 

Also (feel free to roll your eyes) considering the apparent low level of AARP's technology, I consider it risky to leave my account open all the time.

"The key to success is to keep growing in all areas of life - mental, emotional, spiritual, as well as physical." Julius Erving
Kudos
Views
Trusted Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 24 of 26

I never sign out on Microsoft Edge, IE, Firefox or SeaMonkey so I am always signed in.

I did try AOL and received the time out on my first two tries but was signed in on my third time. I never saw anything about proving I was not a robot or choosing images. Below are images of my signing in on AOL. I am on my desktop computer, Windows 10 with all updates.

Click on, tap or activate images to be able to enlarge them.

AARPSignOn72017A.JPGAARPSignOn72017B.JPG

Kudos
Views
Kudos
Views

Message 25 of 26

@mickstuder  Not just a northeast issue, I don't think. I've had the same recurring issues as the ones you describe over the past month. 

Here's how I've been busting through the resistance:

1.) Restart my browser. This usually works.

2.) If 1 fails, I'll restart my browser and clear my cache. This, too, usually works.

3. If 1 and 2 fail then I'll spend a bit of time composing a letter to a political figure. By the time I've sent that off, the AARP servers have gotten over their obstructionist behaviors and I'm in. Smiley Happy

That endless, useless, goes nowhere captcha routine is ridiculous, I agree.

Smiley Happy

Kudos
Views
Kudos
Views
Replies

It took 10 Minutes to Sign-in to AARP

Message 26 of 26

It took 10 Minutes to Sign-in to AARP

1. 7 Gateway Timeouts

2. I had to pass the - I'm not a Robot - multiple times - with each challenge repeating the pictures over & over

3. There is something seriously wrong trying to Log in to AARP from the Northeast - I was on someone elses computer last week trying to Login to My Account and the same hassle

Fix The Server Issues - how many times to Users have to Complain before someone looks into these multiple & consistent issues?

( " China if You're Listening - Get Trumps Tax Returns " )

" )
" - Anonymous

Kudos
Views
Replies
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Users
Announcements

Have a question about AARP membership or benefits? Ask it in the AARP Help Membership forum, Benefits & Discounts forum, or General forum.

multiple white question marks with center red question mark

Top Authors