Take the AARP Smart Driver course and you could save on auto insurance! Sign up today.

Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Re: Irritating renewal mailing starts SIX MONTHS prior to actual renewal date!

Message 1 of 2

@ph4104191 wrote:

It is irritating to receive a series of renewal "reminders" 6 months before my actual renewal date!  This causes me to wonder whether this is a profit generator for AARP, as many members may actually respond and renew earlier, perhaps triggering an eventual series of renewal pitches which could boost revenue by several percentage points, when multiplied across the entire membership.  I would love to see AARP actually respond about this!

@ph4104191,

You are so right when you stated that it could boost revenue by several percentage points. And I believe you are right again that it is probably a profit generator for AARP.

But it is also standard operating procedure for any type of subscription service. That's why I negotiate with all of my subscription services and NEVER accept initial offers on their face value. For instance, it get offers for Time Magazine at $29.95 per year ALL THE TIME but I am already a subscriber to Time. It's annoying but they all do it. I negotiate with them and get Time for THREE YEARS at that same $29.95. During that three years, I just ignore all their mailings.

I also did the same thing with AARP.

All subscription services, be it your cable, satellite radio, local newspaper, or magazines are usually willing to offer promo rates if you play your cards right.

Report Inappropriate Content
Kudos
Views
Highlighted
Info Seeker
Kudos
Views
Replies

Irritating renewal mailing starts SIX MONTHS prior to actual renewal date!

Message 2 of 2

It is irritating to receive a series of renewal "reminders" 6 months before my actual renewal date!  This causes me to wonder whether this is a profit generator for AARP, as many members may actually respond and renew earlier, perhaps triggering an eventual series of renewal pitches which could boost revenue by several percentage points, when multiplied across the entire membership.  I would love to see AARP actually respond about this!

Report Inappropriate Content
Kudos
Views
Replies
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Users
Announcements

Have you taken a memorable trip to a destination others should know about? Post a Trip Report

city skyline captured on tablet