WATCH NOW: Iowa presidential candidate forum from Council Bluffs. Appearing: Montana Gov. Steve Bullock, South Bend Mayor Pete Buttigieg and Vermont Sen. Bernie Sanders. 

Trusted Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Re: How to include a GIF image

Message 1 of 11

@retiredtraveler  Here are a couple of images that I hope will help with information on uploading photos as to copy and paste. In choosing Photos/Insert Photos if I have uploaded the photo before, I can use my Saved Photos to place it in a topic/discussion again without having to upload it. I can also choose where I want the photo to be saved. See images below. Click on, tap or activate image to enlarge it.

AARPSavedPhotos(Uploaded)A.JPG

AARPSavedPhotos(Uploaded).JPG

Does this help?

Report Inappropriate Content
Kudos
Views
Trusted Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 2 of 11

@retiredtraveler  Here are a couple of images that I hope will help with information on uploading photos as to copy and paste. In choosing Photos/Insert Photos if I have uploaded the photo before, I can use my Saved Photos to place it in a topic/discussion again without having to upload it. I can also choose where I want the photo to be saved. See images below. Click on, tap or activate image to enlarge it.

AARPSavedPhotos(Uploaded)A.JPG

Kudos
Views
Trusted Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 3 of 11

Kudos
Views
Trusted Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 4 of 11

I still just did a 'copy image' and pasted. I don't get all this 'upload' stuff.

"...Why is everyone a victim? Take personal responsibility for your life..."
Kudos
Views
Trusted Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 5 of 11

puppydalma.gif

All I had to do to upload this animation of a Dalmation was to choose it under Photos/Insert Photos  and upload it.

Below I will add a butterfly.

butterflyUSA.gif

Tags (1)
Kudos
Views
Info Seeker
Kudos
Views

Message 6 of 11

Step 1: As you can't upload your own GIF files, you'll either need to create your own and upload it to another hosting site, or find a GIF you like on Tumblr, Imgur, Giphy or elsewhere. Open the GIF, then right-click on the image. Step 2: In Google Chrome select the option to 'Copy Image URL'.

Kudos
Views
Treasured Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 7 of 11

I may have asked this question wrong.

I should have added the word animated in front of GIF.  I have seen several "animated GIF" files posted here over the years and would like to know how to add one to a post.

VIMTSTL
Kudos
Views
Info Seeker
Kudos
Views

Message 8 of 11
Kudos
Views
Info Seeker
Kudos
Views

Message 9 of 11

It may be a size limit. See if you can open the file in an imaging application like Paint and when you save the image save it as one of the types you can upload. Here is a link for 10 free photo apps that are good. You can also alert support on this question - they should have ideas too.

Good luck.

Kudos
Views
Trusted Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 10 of 11

Unless I'm not understanding something, I thought it was just a 'cut and paste' or actually 'copy image'. That's all I did for this GIF.

"...Why is everyone a victim? Take personal responsibility for your life..."
Kudos
Views