Content starts here
CLOSE ×

Search

How do you digitally declutter?

Retired Community Manager

How do you digitally declutter?

Do you regularly go through your computer files, browser bookmarks, mail folders, online profiles, and phone apps to clear out old/unused content? If so, how often? How do you decide what stays and what is deleted?

Social Butterfly

If you don’t recognize it’s use anymore, get rid of it.

Regular Contributor

About once a month on phone and tablet. On laptop not as often. Except right now as I'm in the process of ditching a Windows 7 for Windows 10.  Which I find a real pain in the rear.

Periodic Contributor

I backup and scan my cell once per month. I do a full scan on my computer once a month and a shorter scan every 2 weeks.  I check my saved websites to see if they are viable and every six months I move my files to an external drive and I refuse to use the cloud because it has been compromised in the past.  When it's time to move from Windows 7 to 10, I'll either buy the transfer cord (I know I'll have to get another computer) or just move all my files over the external drive and upload to the new computer with Windows 10.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Users
Need to Know

NEW: AARP Games Tournament Tuesdays! This week, achieve a top score in Atari Centipede® and you could win $100! Learn More.

AARP Games Tournament Tuesdays

More From AARP