Content starts here
CLOSE ×

Search

Social Butterfly

Home Network

Here is what I have found to work for me. I now have all my computers, desktop and two laptops seeing each other and sharing their folders. I do have Windows 10 Pro 20H2 on all three.

First, I went into the Control Panel and set the following. Under uninstall a program I clicked on Turn Windows features on or off. I checked SMB 1.0. See image below for what is selected/checked. Check all your computers on your network to make sure this is selected.

SMB1.0.jpg

Second, I chose what I want to share by clicking on it then right clicking it and clicking on Properties>Advanced Sharing, check Share this folder>Set Permissions>OK.

AdvanceSharingItem2.jpg

Third, In the image below I clicked on Share under Network Path, chose Everyone as who I wanted to share with, added that, gave read/write permission and clicked on share again.

NetwrokShareItem3.jpg

This image shows that the sharing of my downloads worked.

SharingDownloads.jpg

This image shows my new Laptop with all items shared from my Desktop. Click on, tap or activate AARPExpandImage.jpg image to enlarge it.

NetworkShareItem4.jpg

Regular Contributor

Excellent job!

0 Kudos
Silver Conversationalist

Thank you for sharing this!

It's nice to be important but it's more important to be nice.
0 Kudos
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Users
Need to Know

NEW: AARP Games Tournament Tuesdays! This week, achieve a top score in Atari Centipede® and you could win $100! Learn More.

AARP Games Tournament Tuesdays

More From AARP