From festivals to better food, amusement parks are adding features for older adults. Take a look at what's new!

Highlighted
Conversationalist
Kudos
Views
Replies

Google Home and Alexa Commands

Message 1 of 1

We're a family of geeks and we love technology.  My husband and I have a "somewhat smart" house, with the NEST thermostat and a number of connected light bulbs (it's so nice to be able to turn lights on and off when we're away from home, making it look like someone's still at home or to turn on the driveway lights when we're a mile away from home.)  All our systems are PC and Android based.  Our son has a somewhat similar setup, but he's using Macs at work and so has Apple products, including the I-phone.

Last year we installed both Alexa and Google and after using both, switched to Google (because it parses commands better than Alexa does.)   I saved a couple of links to the complete list of both Alexa and Google commands because we gave unit to family members who asked for one.

So, if you have one but you haven't done anything more than ask for the weather or some music, you might find these links entertaining:

Complete list of Alexa commands (includes things you can do with the Alexa speakers that have a visual display!)

Complete list of Google Home commands

Report Inappropriate Content
Kudos
Views
Replies