Nominations are open for the AARP Purpose Prize, which honors extraordinary individuals who use their life experience to make a better future for all. Learn more.

Treasured Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Re: Do you have snapchat or instagram?

Message 31 of 40

I opened an Instagram account last week. I followed a bunch of artists, but haven't made one post. And I've been back once. I made the account in order to learn how Instagram marketing works. Once I've learned what I want to know, I'll delete the account. Smiley Happy

I may end up doing the same thing with Snapchat. Possibly Facebook. Maybe other social media platforms.

"The key to success is to keep growing in all areas of life - mental, emotional, spiritual, as well as physical." Julius Erving
Report Inappropriate Content
Kudos
Views
Kudos
Views

Message 32 of 40

@ASTRAEA wrote:

Good example: A friend posted about a relative's recent medical procedure at a hospital on social media. Many friends passed on their good wishes, said they'd pray for the person, etc. I called after the person was home from the hospital, and they said that for all the good wishes & prayers posted on social media, I was the only one who actually called to see how they were doing!

Good example..   like no one sends birthday cards anymore much, just posts to the person's accounts.  Times have really changed.

Life's a Journey, not a Destination" Aerosmith
Kudos
Views
Kudos
Views

Message 33 of 40

Good example: A friend posted about a relative's recent medical procedure at a hospital on social media. Many friends passed on their good wishes, said they'd pray for the person, etc. I called after the person was home from the hospital, and they said that for all the good wishes & prayers posted on social media, I was the only one who actually called to see how they were doing!

Registered on Online Community since 2007!
Kudos
Views
Kudos
Views

Message 34 of 40

@LaDolceVita - All social media is a time-suck, although all the nasty & overwhelming political discussions have made AARP less enjoyable than it used to be.

Kudos
Views
Kudos
Views

Message 35 of 40

@AARPTeri wrote:

Studies are showing how the younger generation are using these two apps frequently.  I am curious, does anyoneon here use either of these?  What do you thinnk?

Dont use either.. same reason as the others...  I don't want to share my entire life online or I won't have time for any real time stuff  : )

Life's a Journey, not a Destination" Aerosmith
Kudos
Views
Respected Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 36 of 40

@ASTRAEA  Bad enough that you spend time here?   AARP a guilty pleasure? Say it isnt so Woman Very Happy.

No snapchat or instagram for me either.  I do admit to message board addiction though and there are blogs I enjoy.  

hoc voluērunt
Gaius Julius Ceasar
Kudos
Views
Kudos
Views

Message 37 of 40

I think communications would be a lot better, and people more attentive, if they spoke directly to their real friends, instead of posting such trivial stuff to a huge circle of acquaintances online. [and never mind all the things they probably shouldn't post anywhere at all!]

Kudos
Views
Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 38 of 40

Let the young folks enjoy! I can live without them. 

Kudos
Views
Kudos
Views

Message 39 of 40

It's bad enough that I spend time here & on Facebook; I don't need any other social media! Unlike so many young people today, I also don't need to broadcast about everything I do.

Kudos
Views
Community Manager
Kudos
Views
Replies

Do you have snapchat or instagram?

Message 40 of 40

Studies are showing how the younger generation are using these two apps frequently.  I am curious, does anyoneon here use either of these?  What do you thinnk?

AARPTeri
Kudos
Views
Replies