Info Seeker
Kudos
Views

Re: Do you have snapchat or instagram?

Message 11 of 36

I have Snapchat and love it.  My kids send me pictures and add the location graphic and I can keep up with them as they travel or in their eveyday travails.   I even paticipate when I am out visiting or finding a new place.

Report Inappropriate Content
Kudos
Views
Treasured Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 12 of 36

@ASTRAEA wrote:

@s886065b - I wouldn't want to even be registered on social media I don't use, because it's just so easy to people to copy anything that's public, and create a bogus profile using your material. Or they can create a profile using a variation of your name, and you wouldn't even realize it! Watch "Catfish" on MTV a couple of times; for sure you'll close any accounts you aren't actively using or watching carefully!

To protect myself from this (you know, as best I can), I never use my real name in a profile, never even type in my phone number.  I give up nuttin. Smiley Happy

"The key to success is to keep growing in all areas of life - mental, emotional, spiritual, as well as physical." Julius Erving
Kudos
Views
Conversationalist
Kudos
Views

Message 13 of 36

I use Instagram for fun and entertainment. So far I have never had a problem. As with anything, there will be ones who use and ones who abuse. You also need to be cautious and never supply any personal information for public viewing. Be careful, also, who you follow and who you allow to follow you. It is a nice form of comunication and a great way to easily share vacation pictures with friends and family. I don't have SnapChat only because I don't want another account with another login and yet another password. Haha!

Kudos
Views
Kudos
Views

Message 14 of 36

@s886065b - I wouldn't want to even be registered on social media I don't use, because it's just so easy to people to copy anything that's public, and create a bogus profile using your material. Or they can create a profile using a variation of your name, and you wouldn't even realize it! Watch "Catfish" on MTV a couple of times; for sure you'll close any accounts you aren't actively using or watching carefully!

Registered on Online Community since 2007!
Kudos
Views
Info Seeker
Kudos
Views

Message 15 of 36

I try to keep an open mind in regards to all technology.   I have accounts on both Instagram and Snapchat--don't use them much at all but feels good to know how.  

Never say I can't or won't. Life presents interesting challenges every day. Embrace them. 

Kudos
Views
Info Seeker
Kudos
Views

Message 16 of 36
Aren't emogis a type of heiroglyphic?
Kudos
Views
Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 17 of 36

Who was the great communicator?  What would they say now.  I'd be interested to know what Mark Twain would have thought.. Wouldn't it be interesting if we went back to heiroglyphics. Remember cursive?

Kudos
Views
Frequent Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 18 of 36

I don't really use social media at all (except here!).  While there are some good points to social media there is a bad side.  I agree with a lot of the comments from others here, social interaction through a phone or tablet without personal interaction does not bode well for our future generation.  No one really talks to each other or even looks at each other!  They have become techno-zombies!

Kudos
Views
Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 19 of 36

Well, if anyone was not aware of Instagram and how it may be used or abused, then it certainly came to light yesterday!  I'll say no more and leave that for the politics board to discuss.

Kudos
Views
Kudos
Views

Message 20 of 36

The anonymity allows people to say things that they would not say in person. There is no sense of the other person.  I agree that I think it leads to more disattachment to others.  

Life's a Journey, not a Destination" Aerosmith
Kudos
Views
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Users
Announcements

Open Enrollment: Oct 15-Dec 7, 2019 Find resources to help you decide on the best healthcare insurance plans for you during Open Enrollment season