When it comes to your workout, there are good reasons not to go it alone. Check out the benefits of exercise buddies.

Info Seeker
Kudos
Views

Re: Do you have favorite apps you can share?

Message 1 of 31

I love Cash Flow Cast for iPhone and iPad.  It is a checkbook register that lets me post recurring transactions and scroll into the future to see where my bank balance will be next week or next year -- as far into the future as i wish to see. I enter expected deposits and cash withdrawals as recurring transactions, then correct the amounts when they clear so the cleared balance always agrees with my bank balance, and I can see ahead of time where I may need to tweak my spending.

Report Inappropriate Content
Kudos
Views
Info Seeker
Kudos
Views

Message 2 of 31

I really like my CraveMate app for iPhone. CraveMate is a fun and creative way to mindfully stay healthy and fit by managing my junk food cravings.  https://itunes.apple.com/us/app/cravemate/id593572366?mt=8

Kudos
Views
Recognized Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 3 of 31

@2Papa wrote:

My favorite is the Walmart app.  They have everything!

I like Walmart Pay. You can pay with your phone.

I also like the idea of checking in when you arrive to pick up an order, so an associate can have it ready when you get to the counter. Note I said the idea, because at my Walmart, I have yet to have an order ready when I get there.

Kudos
Views
Kudos
Views

Message 4 of 31

My favorite is the Walmart app.  They have everything!

Kudos
Views
Conversationalist
Kudos
Views

Message 5 of 31

My bank.  It keeps me completely up-to-date on every cent I spend and I know exactly how much money I have in my account.

Kudos
Views
Treasured Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 6 of 31

Mimi?

it's all up to your wallet or carrier,  for smartphones from flip phones.

iphone 4s used $100 bucks,

some carriers now offering iPhone 7's for free with 2-year signup contract.

If you can post here on computer, you can use a smartphone. Even if one is Apple and one is Windows.

Froze

Kudos
Views
Kudos
Views

Message 7 of 31

Congratulations. Smartphones are really quite useful since they are mini-computers. Mine has allowed me to streamline my life and my pockets. I just stick everything in the cloud -- records, reminders, receipts, lists, coupons, e-books, boarding passes, etc. -- which are easily accessible through my smartphone. And there are a lot of useful apps out there, many of which you have read about here. Have fun.

@mimi0000 wrote:

just broke down and got a previously owned Samsung S4 and surprise, surprise...I love it.  I'm keeping it simple, not many apps.  It is actually fun. I think I was afraid of smartphones before.  

Kudos
Views
Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 8 of 31

@mimi0000 wrote:

I have an old flip phone and want to upgrade.  I am not good at electronics.... so what smart phone would be good for me?  Any suggestions?

Go with an unlocked GSM phone. You can change provider more freely. Avoid phones only has like 4 gb memory. They are worthless. You will run out of memory quickly. Even 4gb with a sd card expansion slot is useless, since most apps cannot run from the sd card. The sd card is good for storage of data like photo, music, document ... Find a screen size you are comfortable with, you have to strike a balance between portabilty and readability. Be careful if you are thinking about ebay or craigst list. Not only phones there could have unknown origin. Even some owners would report the phone was stolen or lost and claim insurance and meanwhile put the phone on the market. Phones like that are blacklisted and you can never get them activated.

Kudos
Views
Kudos
Views

Message 9 of 31

just broke down and got a previously owned Samsung S4 and surprise, surprise...I love it.  I'm keeping it simple, not many apps.  It is actually fun. I think I was afraid of smartphones before.  

Kudos
Views
Highlighted
Info Seeker +
Kudos
Views

Message 10 of 31

P.S. I forgot POCKET! Someone mentioned it here already - it's invalauble, and I use it on both desktop and phone. The interface is minimalist, it's extremely user friendly, tagging was added not so long ago (so you can search more easily), and it's great to know you can look later at all the info you left behind.  Cat Happy

“I don't think of all the misery but of the beauty that still remains." ~ Anne Frank
Kudos
Views