AARP Members Enjoy Exclusive Discounts on Travel, Dining and More. Join Today

Valued Social Butterfly

Re: Do you get your news on a mobile device?

Message 11 of 20

I like to skim the news on my ipad and see if there's anything interesting that doesn't get covered on the regular news. I usually have TV news on sometime during the day or evening.

Report Inappropriate Content
Info Seeker +

Message 12 of 20

No

Alice

Info Seeker

Message 13 of 20

The smart phone is a device of many talents. I read CNN, NBC, CBS, Fox News, and PBS News on a regular basis.

If I get news on a social site, I check it out with a news site as close as possible to where the action happened. If Facebook has a post about something happening in New Orleans, I go to the NOLA 360 site to see what they have on it.

Bronze Conversationalist

Message 14 of 20

Not at all.  I use a TracPhone simply to call someone in an emergency.  I talk to people using gramatically correct English and not in badly abbreviated non-language.  No one talks.  Sad.

Gold Conversationalist

Message 15 of 20

I haven't watched TV since 2008 ("Terminator: The Sarah Conners Chronicles". What a waste.), so most of my "news" comes from either the local  radio station or the Interwebz. My mobile is used mainly for email, maps (Waze is great),some picture-takin', and "social media" (basically in that order). It's not even used as a phone much.

Trusted Social Butterfly

Message 16 of 20

Yep, and laptop and TV.

The only radio I get is Quebec or Shortwave, I dream of non country FM.

😇

Froze

Valued Social Butterfly

Message 17 of 20

I use my cell phone, computers, radio and TV. My cell phone notifies me of news and events as they happen and I watch the local and national news ever night. I often watch the Today show and the local news at lunch time too if I am near a TV.

Valued Social Butterfly

Message 18 of 20

I haven't watched nightly national news since the new occupant moved into the White House. I find out what's going on in the world via my computer. I buy&read the NYTimes 4 days/wk,USA Today twice/wk. Sue

Walkers Take It All In Strides
Treasured Social Butterfly

Message 19 of 20

I get my news from the TV or internet when I'm home, or my car radio when I'm out & about. The rest of the time I'm too busy living my life, to be obsessed with news over which I have no control. Sorry ..

Registered on Online Community since 2007!
Community Manager

Do you get your news on a mobile device?

Message 20 of 20

Pew research has come out stating that the 50+ age group has biggest growth with the way with getting their news from their mobile device.  Is this how you get your news?

AARPTeri