From ‘liquid biopsies’ to precision medicine, these five developments will change cancer care in the next decade. Learn more.

Trusted Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Re: BROWZER

Message 1 of 9

You can use this link to find the answer to your first question, just search for what you want to learn.

https://techterms.com/

Depending on the computer you are using you can find which browser you are using. I have Windows 10 and if you look at the bar along the bottom you can place your cursor on the app icon wait a couple of seconds and you should see the name pop up. See example image below. Click on, tap or activate image to enlarge it.

AARPBrowserName2017.JPG

@esdagold  Updated: Do you know how to create and keep favorite sites?

I have already given you links to the Techterms in another discussion, a technical question 2, so you should keep the link as a favorite and use it to find answers to definitions.

Report Inappropriate Content
Kudos
Views
Treasured Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 2 of 9

The 99 year old I've been training for awhile since she hit, 95.

Keep at it your golden.

Questions - volunteers abound.

As soon as the woodstove is happy its bedtime for me.

Frozen

Kudos
Views
Conversationalist
Kudos
Views

Message 3 of 9
KUDOS! Internet Explorer it is.
Your neighbor is luckier than me, I as born 11 years too late.
Kudos
Views
Kudos
Views

Message 4 of 9

No problem, we all started somewhere with these things, called computers.

You might be using internet explorer , if yu have a halo of gold in the corner of it.

Firefox, Google Chrome, Internet Explorer, Opera, Microsoft Edge, Marathon, Avant,, and the list keeps going on. Microsoft edge is the newer, better version of Internet Explorer.

It's icon would be also blue, but without the halo of gold.

I'm presently on a cellphone or I'd copy the image, that's not happening right now.

**Edit: What hypertext or HTML is whats make the webpages in your browser work, it's also the highlighted (What is HTML or Hypertext). 

If you hover your mouse over and click on the text in Red it should take you to another page on what HTML is.Or you can Right click on the Red highlighted text and then scroll down and tell your browser to open it, in another Window or Tab.

When you turn on your computer , does it say what version of Windows the computer is?

My neighbor is your same general vintage, we're all getting up there. My Other neighbor has you beat at 99.

Questions ask

Frozen

Kudos
Views
Kudos
Views

Message 5 of 9

@esdagold

If you're trying the PM or personal message bit, than it's rich text, probably.

Does  your computer run Windows 7, 8, 8.1 or 10 or is it running Chrome?

Google does make an operating system called Chrome, just to confuse people.

Clicking kudo, just sends a message to another user, that says someone WAS online at the time they clicked on it, and they might have posted something you liked.

AARP doesn't have an instant chat option, that I'm aware of.

If you have questions how to do something just click reply?

If you want to post a question to one person in particular, after the reply box opens, click on the @ symbol , scroll down to their name, select it, and they'll know someone sent them a note.

And point to where to find it.

PM's or Personal Messages go to their inbox. A little envelope icon, to the leff of my settings when your logged into AARP.

Or if it's a note in a thread, like this it points here, we hope. 

Frozen

Kudos
Views
Conversationalist
Kudos
Views

Message 6 of 9

First, let me thank you for your response. This is my first effort in the AARP Community, and I can see it works well.

Second, thanks for showing me how to spell browser.

Third, I have no idea how it got classified as Politics. I'll be a bit more careful next time.

Now, to the subjects of my inquiry:

I don't think I use Chrome. I think the browser is indicated by an e (not E, but e) with a thin yellow circle orbiting it. If you can give me a list of browsers, maybe I can then remember, 'cause I'm sure I know it, but forget (due to my 88 yr old brain).

Rich text is what I use. So I at least got that right. (What is hypertext or HTML?)

Again, thank you Frozenoem,

esdagold

Kudos
Views
Kudos
Views

Message 7 of 9

@esdagold

If you're using a Windows computer, and using Google, I'll guess your using Chrome for a browser.

And rich text might be what you want to use vs hypertext or HTML.

But, honestly can't recall that ever being asked on AARP. For purposes of using it.

Frozen

Kudos
Views
Kudos
Views

Message 8 of 9

@esdagold wrote:

(Before I even start: what is "rich text" vs "html"?}

When I am asked "what browzer are you using?" how do I know? What are the possibilities? I  use Google. but is that the answer?

Thanks to anyone who answers.

I know just enough to make my explanation dangerous to your computer fun. here are good support groups here that I hve found helpful, and some of the other folks here are a bit more pc literate than me.

So it begins.
Kudos
Views
Conversationalist
Kudos
Views
Replies

BROWZER

Message 9 of 9

(Before I even start: what is "rich text" vs "html"?}

When I am asked "what browzer are you using?" how do I know? What are the possibilities? I  use Google. but is that the answer?

Thanks to anyone who answers.

Tags (1)
Kudos
Views
Replies
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Users
Announcements

Open Enrollment: Oct 15-Dec 7, 2019 Find resources to help you decide on the best healthcare insurance plans for you during Open Enrollment season