Esteemed Social Butterfly

Android/iOS app detects skimmers

On gas pumps within 3 seconds, me thinks it’s time has come.

https://www.hackread.com/bluetana-app-detects-gas-pumps-card-skimmers-in-3-seconds/

Froze

And yes, after long days/nights, I'd still like to swing these hunks of glass , plastic and silicon against the nearest wall Come on retirement!
Bronze Conversationalist

I thought it was an interesting article. It's too bad that it wasn't pointing out an application that we can get right now.

I did look on the Play Store, though, and I found an app called Skim Plus (now in beta), which claims to detect "the latest bluetooth skmimmers used to steal credit cards."

Skim Plus had several positive reviews.

From one review, I thought the Skim Plus or other detecter would be great for station owners to use to scan their pumps on a regular basis.

Enjoy!

Kudos
Views
0 Kudos
Esteemed Social Butterfly

@Brightpool 

It is available but, only to inspectors of pumps now.

Guess for most it still boils down to inspect your pumps before inserting card.

Yes, it’s a PITA but, I found them that way in 2001 and 2014. Love big cities one on ATM  and the other on pump.

In the meantime it’s running detectors/scanners that are available now, for public use from an App Store.

Like skimmer scammer for Android or Card Skimmer Locator for iOS, etc. Both may give false positives, which is a PITA.

https://wtop.com/tech/2019/02/data-doctors-do-card-skimmer-detection-apps-work/

Froze

And yes, after long days/nights, I'd still like to swing these hunks of glass , plastic and silicon against the nearest wall Come on retirement!
0 Kudos
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Users
Announcements

Put on your boogie shoes for the Daybreaker Live: Saturday Morning Fever: A Disco Dance with AARP! Shake your groove thing to live performances featuring Sister Sledge and Indigo Girls on June 26, 2021 at 11 a.m. ET. Register Here AARP Daybreaker Live: Saturday Morning Fever

Members Can Earn Cash Back

Earn 3% cash back rewards at gas stations and drug stores with AARP Membership. Join today for just $12 per year with Automatic Renewal.

AARP Membership

AARP Rewards

Activate AARP Rewards to earn points for games, quizzes and videos. Redeem for deals and discounts. Get started with AARP Rewards now!

AARP Rewards Badge

Join Us For a Concert!

Celebrate Black Music Month and learn more about the powerful connections between music and health during an AARP virtual performance featuring R&B singer Raheem DeVaughn on June 28, 2021 at 8:00 p.m. EST. Register Here.

AARP Concert Series