Content starts here
CLOSE ×

Search

Android/iOS app detects skimmers

Honored Social Butterfly

Android/iOS app detects skimmers

On gas pumps within 3 seconds, me thinks it’s time has come.

https://www.hackread.com/bluetana-app-detects-gas-pumps-card-skimmers-in-3-seconds/

Froze

And yes, after long days/nights, I'd still like to swing these hunks of glass , plastic and silicon against the nearest wall Come on retirement!
Bronze Conversationalist

I thought it was an interesting article. It's too bad that it wasn't pointing out an application that we can get right now.

I did look on the Play Store, though, and I found an app called Skim Plus (now in beta), which claims to detect "the latest bluetooth skmimmers used to steal credit cards."

Skim Plus had several positive reviews.

From one review, I thought the Skim Plus or other detecter would be great for station owners to use to scan their pumps on a regular basis.

Enjoy!

Kudos
Views
0 Kudos
Honored Social Butterfly

@Brightpool 

It is available but, only to inspectors of pumps now.

Guess for most it still boils down to inspect your pumps before inserting card.

Yes, it’s a PITA but, I found them that way in 2001 and 2014. Love big cities one on ATM  and the other on pump.

In the meantime it’s running detectors/scanners that are available now, for public use from an App Store.

Like skimmer scammer for Android or Card Skimmer Locator for iOS, etc. Both may give false positives, which is a PITA.

https://wtop.com/tech/2019/02/data-doctors-do-card-skimmer-detection-apps-work/

Froze

And yes, after long days/nights, I'd still like to swing these hunks of glass , plastic and silicon against the nearest wall Come on retirement!
0 Kudos
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Users
Need to Know

NEW: AARP Games Tournament Tuesdays! This week, achieve a top score in Block Champ and you could win $100! Learn More.

AARP Games Tournament Tuesdays

More From AARP