From ‘liquid biopsies’ to precision medicine, these five developments will change cancer care in the next decade. Learn more.

Info Seeker +
Kudos
Views

Re: $5 Walmart Card for 111,210 points

Message 1 of 5

I have called AARP about this and gotten nowhere. I also sent an email thru the website and got this generic, ridiculous reply: 

Subject
AARP Rewards For Good -Program Inquiry

Dear Member,

Thank you for your email. We are sorry to hear that you are not happy with the program change. Just keep an eye out for more upcoming auctions to participate in. If you are unable to participate in the auctions at this time, please check back as the website is updated frequently. We apologize for any inconvenience. Also we will forward this information to the appropriate department for review. We appreciate your feedback and we will continue to explore new ways to offer our members exciting features. We hope you continue to enjoy the benefits of the program.

If you have any further questions or concerns, please contact us directly at 1-888-842-2891.

Thank you for being an AARP Rewards for Good member, and make sure to visit AARP.org to earn more points today!

Customer Service

My suggestion is that everyone contact the CEO, Jo Ann Jenkins, and maybe some of the other execs:  http://www.aarp.org/about-aarp/executive-team/

I'm sure no information has been "forwarded" to them and that they don't even know about these complaints!  I will be writing to her/them shortly.

Report Inappropriate Content
Kudos
Views
Treasured Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 2 of 5

@nctarheel wrote:

I am glad others are now seeing what a racket this "Rewards for Good" Program is.

It is operated by the AARP and the Entertainment Book with neither taking responsibility for its operation, the glitches, the incorrect information on the site, or what seems to be, use by employees for their own gain (as you are not the first to complain about this).

As far as the coupon side of the Program, they are low value coupons that can be garnered from other resources with much more ease that at the "Rewards For Good" site. Most of the coupon offerings can be gotten for free from other locations (ie. without having to spend points). Also, I have had repeated issues having restaurants and other entities honor the coupons for reasons from "we didn't sign up for that program" to the fact that the companies are out of business.

The worst example of an "out of business" entity was a coupon for a free round of golf. When that coupon FIRST APPEARED in the The Rewards For Good Program, the golf course had been closed for a year, weeds were growing on every fairway and green, the owners were under investigation for some kind of financial Hanky-Panky, and it made the evening news in its locale for weeks on end.

@nctarheel I'm glad you keep bringing this up. There are no shortages of reasons to be slightly perturbed at to wholesale disenfranchised with AARP at the moment. My reasons range from the laughably 'award winning' Rewards for Good program, the earning page of which has been in total disarray for well over a year to the fact that, as you point out, many of the discounts are paltry at best and insulting if we're honest.

I know one of our regular posters here has gone so far as to notify the AG in their state regarding AARP employees bidding against the public on AARP's Rewards for Good auctions. Maybe we should all do that. Maybe too we should all call and write AARP over the sad state of devalued member 'discounts'.

"The key to success is to keep growing in all areas of life - mental, emotional, spiritual, as well as physical." Julius Erving
Kudos
Views
Bronze Conversationalist
Kudos
Views

Message 3 of 5
It's the craziest thing I've ever seen. I looked over those huge points needed for small dollar amount gift cards. Who are these people who get them???
Chloe
Kudos
Views
Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 4 of 5

I am glad others are now seeing what a racket this "Rewards for Good" Program is.

It is operated by the AARP and the Entertainment Book with neither taking responsibility for its operation, the glitches, the incorrect information on the site, or what seems to be, use by employees for their own gain (as you are not the first to complain about this).

As far as the coupon side of the Program, they are low value coupons that can be garnered from other resources with much more ease that at the "Rewards For Good" site. Most of the coupon offerings can be gotten for free from other locations (ie. without having to spend points). Also, I have had repeated issues having restaurants and other entities honor the coupons for reasons from "we didn't sign up for that program" to the fact that the companies are out of business.

The worst example of an "out of business" entity was a coupon for a free round of golf. When that coupon FIRST APPEARED in the The Rewards For Good Program, the golf course had been closed for a year, weeds were growing on every fairway and green, the owners were under investigation for some kind of financial Hanky-Panky, and it made the evening news in its locale for weeks on end.

Kudos
Views
Silver Conversationalist
Kudos
Views
Replies

$5 Walmart Card for 111,210 points

Message 5 of 5

The point horders whoever they are must love the new Auction Improvements!  

111,210 points for a $5 Walmart Card?  

Seriously who are bidding these outrageous amounts? What we are seeing is NOT an industry standard practice, this is a systematic exclusion of regular AARP members from the Auction process so unknown persons--AARP employees, their spouses, IT techs with backdoor avcess, etc--can profit off this new "industry standard" system! 

IMG_5234.PNG

Tags (2)
Kudos
Views
Replies
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Users
Announcements

Open Enrollment: Oct 15-Dec 7, 2019 Find resources to help you decide on the best healthcare insurance plans for you during Open Enrollment season