Learn how to use Uber, Lyft and other ride-sharing services!  Register now for a free AARP webinar Nov. 18.

Info Seeker
Kudos
Views

Re: $10 Panera Gift Card Auction Amount 145,010 Points!

Message 1 of 3

Still no reply from AARP?????? I have been trying to bid and everyting I place a bid - within seconds someone ups it by 1 point...  no matter wat time I place the bid.  I don't know what good getting points are if you can not use them (sorry maybe get 10% off at some place)

Report Inappropriate Content
Kudos
Views
Highlighted
Treasured Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Re: $10 Panera Gift Card Auction Amount 145,010 Points!

Message 2 of 3

145,010 rewards points for a sandwich? (With DAYS to go before the auction ends, no less!) Sorry, but that's insane!

If they bought a $10 Panera gift card using 500 rewards points they'd get the card for $5 cash (plus those rewards points) thus realizing a 50% discount on their sandwich for clicking around. And they'd have 144,510 points left over.

"The key to success is to keep growing in all areas of life - mental, emotional, spiritual, as well as physical." Julius Erving
Kudos
Views
Silver Conversationalist
Kudos
Views
Replies

$10 Panera Gift Card Auction Amount 145,010 Points!

Message 3 of 3

What regular AARP member who has worked hard to slowly gather points would bid 145,010 points for a $10 gift card!   I can only think of one person.. an AARP employee who has gamed the system in their favor, especially with these recent auction changes!

Hay AARP please feel free to prove me wrong, show us for each auction which bids were placed and won by AARP employees!  And why you at it provide us the name of the accounting firm that audits the reward for good auctions so we can review their compliance findings!

crazy_bid.JPG

Kudos
Views
Replies
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Users
Announcements

Open Enrollment: Oct 15-Dec 7, 2019 Find resources to help you decide on the best healthcare insurance plans for you during Open Enrollment season

Top Authors