Credit freezes are free under a federal law that just went into effect. Learn how to protect your credit.

Conversationalist
Kudos
Views

Re: Why are celebrities always (generally speaking) are on the cover of most AARP magazines?

Message 1 of 3

Not sure why some of our favorite actors being on the cover is a problem?

I already answered this in my original argument:

* Wealthy actors are not representative of all actors as in income. 

* Wealthy actors have access to better health care to augment their appearance and health

* Wealthy actors are paid to use products and services that would be prohibitive to other Americans their same age. 

* Wealthy actors are not representive of wealth of Americans in their age group. 

I surely don't want to see picture of me or my ex on cover; we didn't age so well

You and your ex appearance are they the product of genetics? Or are they representative of people of your age and life style?  Do you have the same accesss to health care and comestic surgery as Maria Shiver?  How many Americans didn't age well? Are you more represantive of what a American in your age group looks like than a wealthy actor? 

Report Inappropriate Content
Kudos
Views
Super Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Re: Why are celebrities always (generally speaking) are on the cover of most AARP magazines?

Message 2 of 3

Not sure why some of our favorite actors being on the cover is a problem?

I surely don't want to see picture of me or my ex on cover; we didn't age so well.

The only missing cover shot for me has been Ozzy and Sharon, who both didn't age so well, but I respect and appreciate his talent and her integrity and smarts...

Just asking, why you find successful individuals offensive?

#VegasStrong

Phil Harris, actor and showman, to John Fogerty of CCR: “If I’d known I’d live this long, I’d have taken better care of myself.”
Kudos
Views
Highlighted
Conversationalist
Kudos
Views
Replies

Why are celebrities always (generally speaking) are on the cover of most AARP magazines?

Message 3 of 3

Actors especially those on the cover of AARP represent the tiniest minority of actors in regards to wealth and success. Other than to draw readers why do wealthy actors who have access to the best health care, plastic surgeons, clothes designers, financial planners, cosmeticians, (some who paid to use said goods or services) should be on the cover of AARP when they don't represent even the tiniest percentage of seniors in the US?

Wealthy Actors do not represent Seniors ctizens in America, why is it neccessary to promote these people? 

Kudos
Views
Replies
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Users