Join the Turning Your Passion into Profit Town Hall on Wednesday at 7 p.m. ET. Register Now

Conversationalist

Re: AARP Airs Don Rickles’ Final Series

Message 11 of 16

An original who did not rely on sex, blue language or hate. It was an honor to be picked on. He was for grownups and not weak minded adults. Don’t be a nattering naybob with negativity.

Report Inappropriate Content
Conversationalist

Message 12 of 16

Nothing  did not like him

Info Seeker

Message 13 of 16

What do I miss about Don Rickles humor?  Absolutely nothing.  I DID think he was mean and never understood how that appealed to people.  Different strokes for different folks....

Info Seeker

Message 14 of 16

Don RIckles was a master of comedy from the old school. He was never mean or vindictive in his routine. He was funny without being vulgar, sexual, or crude. He was just genuinely a funny guy - Mr. Warmth to those who were the recipient of his barbs. He will be genuinely missed. 

Info Seeker

Message 15 of 16

What I miss are all the roasts I  have watchd on You Tube  that he was was in and performed  and  how much, including me,  it made people really laugh.  These are from  1970's  with Dean Martin as host and many other  Holleywood stars and prominent people.

Community Manager

What do you miss most about Don Rickles and his humor?

Message 16 of 16

1.jpg

AARP Studios has launched “Dinner with Don,” a 13-episode series featuring the king of zingers, Don Rickles, dining with friends and comedians he inspired over the years. The star-studded guest list includes Billy Crystal, Jimmy Kimmel, Amy Poehler, Robert De Niro, Martin Scorsese, Zach Galifianakis, Marisa Tomei, Paul Rudd, Sarah Silverman, Snoop Dogg, Judd Apatow, Rich Eisen, Jonathan Silverman and Vince Vaughn.

The legendary comic died from kidney failure in April at age 90. The series pays tribute to Rickles by showcasing his trademark humor and featuring footage from each guest’s personal archives. The honorary Rat Pack member enjoyed a career that spanned nearly six decades. Although Rickles began appearing in nightclubs during the 1950s, his big national break didn’t come until 1965 when he first appeared on The Tonight Show With Johnny Carson.

What do you miss most about Don Rickles and his humor?