With an AARP membership, there’s always more to discover! Check out your member benefits.

Info Seeker
Kudos
Views

Re: Did Diana marry for love or for fairy tale?

Message 11 of 67

Fairy tale

Report Inappropriate Content
Kudos
Views
Info Seeker
Kudos
Views

Message 12 of 67
The mystery is somewhat of a distraction from what really was going on
Kudos
Views
Highlighted
Info Seeker
Kudos
Views

Message 13 of 67
Women and men do their share of lying/cheating, I think.. I am not a cynic ... have seen much in matters of the heart and some personal experiences too. My own could make your hair stand up ... am 66, never married and keep an open mind ... love can do unusual things to the heart and mind ... I don't think Diana was living a fairytale .. this really happened and she was on the lousy end of the love affair ... as they say, been there, done that ...
Kudos
Views
Info Seeker
Kudos
Views

Message 14 of 67
From your comment it appears that you have some experience with lying, cheating husbands. Please make sure that you are sitting when you read this because I have an astonishing reply. Women and wives also lie and cheat. My experience can attest to that!
Kudos
Views
Info Seeker
Kudos
Views

Message 15 of 67

I think Diana was truly in love with the prince & him also at that time. But as months went by she had started to become disenchanted. I guess you could say the fairytale was falling apart. She gave England two wonderful princes that she raised as she thought was best for them. But how devastating that is to lose someone like that at such a young age. I lost my Dad at 13 & I'm 64 now. The heartache of him being gone still grabs my heart everyday. I feel so terrible that Diana never really got to truly find someone that could love her unconditionally. She had a huge heart that she used to help others. I cried when she died & I will again today. Beautiful Diana may you find the love & peace in heaven you so deserve. Your wonderful sons make me proud the way they must for you. May God hold you in His Hands & Mary bless you always.

Kudos
Views
Info Seeker
Kudos
Views

Message 16 of 67

Aristocrats back then didn't  care about higher education, they were raised to marry well and have children.  I think that's all  Diana ever wanted!!

Kudos
Views
Info Seeker
Kudos
Views

Message 17 of 67

Her love was fairytale-based...

As a young woman of the 70's, I'm still appalled that Diana was never directed towards higher education of some sort!!

Kudos
Views
Info Seeker
Kudos
Views

Message 18 of 67

Fairytale ,as much as I love diana and and children .  She was too young to know about love especially with someone like Charles who was wrong 

Kudos
Views
Info Seeker
Kudos
Views

Message 19 of 67

Diane a rich shy young lady and perhaps her first love being Prince Charles, Prince of Wales.  She did felt fascinated and as the old saying goes "head over heels in love with Charles." Some may say that it was an infatuation kind of love, but after watching how both of them accepted each other during their early stages of courtship, and how in love the both seem before their engagement, and then their marriage it is so obvious that Diane was greatly and honestly in love with Prince Charles her Prince charming and her first love. She was a very rich kid and did not have to marry Prince Charles for his money it was love at first sight courted and then got married to live happily ever after, but unfortunately life did not hold for her after that traggic accident which took her life. In my heart and in many others she will be long remembered as sweet and loving "Diane Princess of Wales." 

Kudos
Views
Info Seeker
Kudos
Views

Message 20 of 67

I believe Diana loved Charles.  The problem was she did not understand that Charles believed he could do anything with anyone at any time.  Whatever happened to common decency?  It does not exist if you are a Windsor, either occupying or is the heir-apparent to the riches of the Windsors.  Camille should have been banished from his world before but defnitely after his marriage to Diana.  Charles does not know the meaning of love. Geez, he had to be cajoled to even go to Paris to bring the mother of his children home.  My problem as a practicing Christian, the Windsors do not seem to practice what they preach.  He should have stayed faithful to his wife, not Camille.  And now after his divorce from a wonderful, warm, well-loved woman in Diana, he marries Camille after her divorce from her husband.  How does he get to inherit the throne since he married a divorcee, while he was the same.  Ascension to the monarchy says you cannot be married to a divorcee -- remember what happened in the 1930's that caused Elizabeth II's uncle to relinquish his throne to his brother, King George. 

I have lost all respect I ever had (be it ever so infintisimile) after the charade Charles put on to marry Diana, then abandoning her on the honeymoon to be with Camille.  Are there no boundaries in his sense of propriety?  I believe not, and there is the issue.  He and Camille should step aside, let WIlliam ascend to the throne.  At least he courted Kate for more than a few months, knew her, and works with her, not against her, in setting an example before the world as to the priorities of live -- family, faith and country.

Kudos
Views
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Users