Listen to The Perfect Scam Podcast and Nominate It for a People’s Choice Podcast Award! Find Out More

Trusted Social Butterfly

Re: Did Diana marry for love or for fairy tale?

Message 61 of 66

"...I really think in time they will do away with the Monacry  The queen really doesn't 'run' the country, to me it's all for show...".

I won't hijack the thread other than to state that the Monarchy is not going anwhere. I just got back from an annual trip to the UK and they, for the majority, want to keep the Monarchy. And yes, it is just for show --- but one of the most interesting in the world. There isn't a single day that passes without a story about the royal family, in any of their papers.

Just think. The world was built by the lowest bidder.
Report Inappropriate Content
Highlighted
Info Seeker

Message 62 of 66

I think she married for love. As for Prince Charles ~ he married the right person "in-spite-of-himself" ! She was the most positive influence on their two sons and made sure to head them in the right direction early on. She wasn't afraid to publicly display her affection, discipline and candor to them. In addition, they continually witnessed examples of how to develop a non-judgemental attitude as well as a keen sense of fairness.  I think she just about singlehandedly leveled the playing field for them to usher in a more modern way to rule. It was her destiny to be exactly who she was to her husband, children, family and her public. She was a credit to the human race!  🌐 

Loretta May Alexander
Info Seeker

Message 63 of 66

I think Diana married for love of the fairy tale.  She was a very immature teenager full of dreams and fantasies who knew nothing of men, romance, relationships, or marriage.  She married an immature, selfish, self centered man who did not care about her - even as a fellow human - and who resented her because he was forced to marry her.  It all overwhelmed her and there was no one or no where she could go to gain strength and peace. She did the best she could and left us with the memory of an exceptional being.

Info Seeker

Message 64 of 66

Prince Charlas was forced by th Queen to marry a virgin, she was picked. It may have been both in the beginning. She diid want to call off the wedding, but it was too late. After she had her 2 boys, I think she really found out what was going on. It wasn't a happy life. She was forced to do too many things. I like the way William and Kate are changing everything, to suit the times. Evrything now is SO stuffy and 'old'. Times have changed, keep up with them. I think Diana tried to change things, and in a way she started it and William and Harry are following, and I like that. I really think in time they will do away with the Monacry  The queen really doesn't 'run' the country, to me it's all for show.

Info Seeker

Message 65 of 66

I believe that Princess Diana married for love but, never realized the amount of publicity and interest that it was to bring upon England and the world. She never realized her true beauty not just from the outside but the beauty she had from the inside out. Princess Diana was a young naive kindergarten teacher who from everything I have read had a crush on Prince Charles before she ever met him. So yes I believe she was in love with Prince Charles she just wasn't ready for everything that came with it and it was totally overwhelming.

Community Manager

Did Diana marry for love or for fairy tale?

Message 66 of 66

diana.jpgThis is the first in a series of posts remembering Princess Diana, whose shocking death was 20 years ago this summer. 

Did Diana marry for love or for fairy tale?

Join the discussion by sharing your opinion in a reply post below!