Content starts here
CLOSE ×

Search

caregiving in an RV

When we were taking care of my Mom we bought a Larger RV with twin beds in the bedroom so one of us could sleep with her. Mom really enjoyed traveling in the RV she sat in the seat to the right of the driver. We did this because she so enjoyed looking out the front window at the scenery. She didn't remember much because she had dementia, but it didn't matter she was having fun. I would make cookies (a pkg from the freezer) and coffee....all a no no traveling down the road, but it made her happy. She was traveling and having her coffee as we moved along. She called the RV "the little house". This is such a wonderful memory from that time and we found hotels confused her, but she could remember where things like the bathroom and her bed was in the RV. 

Kudos
Views
Replies
Regular Social Butterfly

Thank you for sharing! As an aged mom, I'm envious of your Mom; thank you and your husband for giving her this experience!

#VegasStrong

#VegasStrong
Phil Harris, actor and showman, to John Fogerty of CCR: “If I’d known I’d live this long, I’d have taken better care of myself.”
0 Kudos
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Users
Need to Know

NEW: AARP Games Tournament Tuesdays! This week, achieve a top score in Atari Asteroids® and you could win $100! Learn More.

AARP Games Tournament Tuesdays

More From AARP