Content starts here
CLOSE ×

Search

Working with 95 yr mother with dementia non behavior

Working with 95 yr mother with dementia non behavior

what's the difference non behavior and dementia

I have been or was my Momโ€™s Caregiver since early 2020 and she has had undiagnosed dementia besides chronic constipation and bad arthritis in her knees. I have had a few of my own disabilities and I have cared for her as much as myself. Let me just say more than myself. I have endured chronic pain in my feet from extensor foot tendinitis and lower back pain. I had surgery on an umbilical hernia back in Feb 2018 and I got Caregiver stress that has my Sisterโ€™s ex Navy Seal Boyfriend wanting to kick me out of the only place I have to live at the 2 bedroom 2 bathroom apartment my Mom and I have lived in for over 16 years. He recently back in Easter was going to barge in my bedroom after I took a shower and to maybe fight me. Heโ€™s an ex Navy Seal Ex Alcoholic and heโ€™s my Half Sisters age of 67 this Sunday which is Motherโ€™s Day. I figure there is a difference between non behavior and dementia but neither is good. My Mom drinks vodka martinis and goes through 750 ML in a week or less so sheโ€™s not happy all the time. Sheโ€™s 91 years old and has been since Christmas Eve. I get told that by her a few times a week or more. I tell her I know you are 91 years old Iโ€™m ADHD and I have past trauma. I believe in PTSD and my Sisterโ€™s boyfriend doesnโ€™t. What sense does it make!? Lord have mercy. 

0 Kudos
cancel
Showing results forย 
Showย ย onlyย  | Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 
Users
Need to Know

NEW: AARP Games Tournament Tuesdays! This week, achieve a top score in Block Champ and you could win $100! Learn More.

AARP Games Tournament Tuesdays

More From AARP