Prepare to Care: A Resource Guide for Families was developed by AARP to help make the job more manageable. Here’s how to obtain a free copy.

Info Seeker
Kudos
Views

Re: Week 1 - Care4YouToo Contest: What is one small change you want to make in your life?

Message 51 of 140

I would like to find the time to try yoga, because I think it would help strengthen me physically and emotionally.

Report Inappropriate Content
Kudos
Views
Info Seeker
Kudos
Views

Re: Week 1 - Care4YouToo Contest: What is one small change you want to make in your life?

Message 52 of 140
I want to get outside more and enjoy the sunshine.
Kudos
Views
Info Seeker
Kudos
Views

Message 53 of 140

I already exercise and I feel good about that.  My only small change I would make is the amount of desserts I eat.  I really have a sweet tooth and I need to reign that in. 

Kudos
Views
Conversationalist
Kudos
Views

Message 54 of 140

To retire from my work knowing that my invalid wife would receive the care that she desreves and needs.

Kudos
Views
Info Seeker
Kudos
Views

Message 55 of 140

I would like to leave the house for over an hour without feeling guilty or rushing even though I've left a family member with mom,

Kudos
Views
Info Seeker
Kudos
Views

Message 56 of 140

Want to set aside time for daily exercise....even if just half an hour.

Kudos
Views
Info Seeker
Kudos
Views

Message 57 of 140

I'd like to stop reaching for snacks or cigerettes when I'm stressed.  I need to learn to get up and go outside for a breath of fresh air and say a little prayer.  It just  seems like the snacks are handier.

Kudos
Views
Info Seeker
Kudos
Views

Message 58 of 140

Meet a friend for lunch to get me time.

Kudos
Views
Info Seeker
Kudos
Views

Message 59 of 140

I want to increase the number of steps I take, and the amount of upper body movement I make as I'm too sedentary due to my degenerative joint disease, and I feel myself getting weaker. Plan, move and walk at least every 1/2 hour.

Kudos
Views
Info Seeker
Kudos
Views

Message 60 of 140
Feel Love Again !
Kudos
Views