When it comes to your workout, there's a good reason not to go it alone. Check out the benefits of exercise buddies.

Info Seeker
Kudos
Views
Replies

Transportation Issues and Other Agreed Upon Items Not Happening

Message 1 of 1

Before my 78 year old mother moved in with me and my husband, there were verbal agreements about things like the 'rent' she agreed to pay us out of her ss and retirement (about what she paid in her own apartment in another town for everything the 'rent' covers), the storage room fee for stuff she doesn't have room for and doesn't want to part with and the stuff we had to store to make room for her, and the cell phone bill on the family plan that she has paid for years. We also discussed the fact that since I work fulltime, she was going to have to depend on others that either I set up or she sets up to take her to appointments that she cannot drive to.

Well, the last two months there has been 'complaints' about how much she is giving me for rent, etc... why is she paying for all of storage, etc, (I told her because the only reason we have anything in storage was for her to be there and that was what was agreed upon, etc), AND she has not been willing to meet anyone I had asked to help to get her to doctor appointments that she can't drive to, etc... she has canceled some appointments and is being a real pain.

Do I get more forceful and set up these people anyway? I took a few days off and took her to the 1st round of new doctor appointments, I can't continue to do that for the rest.

A little background... she has fallen several times lately and just not well enough to live alone anymore, and we are upside down in debt due to the recession and loss of income. So we agreed for her to move in to help us financially with $400 a month and to have someone there to assist her.

Report Inappropriate Content
Kudos
Views
Replies